Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please list all the interior squeaking noise you have on your IS300.

- Near Sunroof switch plate.
- passanger side b-pillar.
- Driver side b-pillar.
- somewhere in the middle of the headliner.

·
Registered
345 Posts
My drivers seat does squeak

·
Registered
994 Posts
Something in my sunroof rattles when I go over bumps. Took it to Stevens Creek and they said they couldn't find anything.

--k

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
My sunroof squeaks. Solution: close the inner cover so I won't hear it. The squeaks are coming from the dry rubber rubbing with dry rubber. I think that tire dressing crap or similar with get rid of the squeaking, but I'm too lazy to apply it since I have a workaround.

My center front dash squeaks. Solution: a sh1tload of insulator. My dash squeaked at certain ambient temperatures. I tried many times to determine the source and attempting to remedy it, but to no avail only managed to scratch up my dash. I did notice if it pushed the far passenger side corner of the dash all the way down, there would be no squeaks. That corner moved up and down about 1.5 cm. Lexus tried 3 times to fix and on the third time they said fux it and asked me if I cared if they suffocated it with insulator. I told them do what ever you want. Squeaks are gone. whoohoo! Although I do see a little of the insulator protruding from the top of the dash where the dash meets the front window. I think I can push it in further when I get the time.

-crontab -l

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have an annoying rattling coming out from the instrument panel at certain rpms, or vibration frequency…

I’m just gonna trade it in for 2002 as is and not worry about it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hey, How do you trade your car in for a new 2002 model? What is the penalty? My drivers seat squeaks. when I took it into the dealership to get it fixed, the squeak stopped!........of course!. Andrew

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a sqeak/rattle coming from the dash near the instrument cluser. Took it to Lexus twice, they took the dash apart, insulated both times. Still had the squeak.
I noticed when I pushed on the clear plast over the instrument panel that the rattle would stop. So... I cut about a half inch of a rubber eraser and jammed in the crack between the instrument cluster housing and the clear plastic cover over the instruments. It's in the corner where you can't even notice it. No squeaking or rattling anymore...

·
Registered
349 Posts
That sound like the location where my rattling is coming from… When I push on the glass it stops too!

Tokyo: If you want to trade your 2001 for 2002, you have to accept the fact that you’re going to lose lots of doe! First year depreciation is a biatch! I’m hoping I won’t lose more than $6k… but who knows?!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I've had what I thought was a squeaky driver's seat since day one. I've brought it into the dealership twice and each time they could not detect a problem. They always write down on the work order "seat is within manufacturer's specifications."

I think I found the actual location of the squeak, it is the seat belt latch anchor point near the center console/shifter perch. At certain angles, when the seat belt is tensioned, it squeaks. If I move it to a different angle, the squeak disappears.

I may take it into the dealership and report that the latch squeaks and not the seat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i get the exact same thing with my seat.. and singled it out to the seat belt connector.. dealership never wants to deal with it.. so often i take my car in for small annoyances while i'm there for a oil change or whatever.. they never seem to find anything.. very annoying..

-tom

·
Registered
171 Posts
Originally posted by Risk3233:
I've had what I thought was a squeaky driver's seat since day one. I've brought it into the dealership twice and each time they could not detect a problem. They always write down on the work order "seat is within manufacturer's specifications."

I think I found the actual location of the squeak, it is the seat belt latch anchor point near the center console/shifter perch. At certain angles, when the seat belt is tensioned, it squeaks. If I move it to a different angle, the squeak disappears.

I may take it into the dealership and report that the latch squeaks and not the seat.
I experience the exact same thing, and only on the driver side. I suspected the seat belt thing too but wasn't sure. I'll take a look and maybe spray W40 or something.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I don't know guys...I mean, we have people in this forum saying they have solved problems with pencil erasers, we have a whole of people complaining about squeaks in their cars, we have people complaining (including myself) about condensation in headlights.
To me, this seems pretty foul for a luxury brand. So far, my car has had burnt-out headlights (because of condensation), a squeaky driver seat, a door pin that flies out when it feels like it, and a broken CD player. I think I am going to complain. Maybe if everyone that has a problem complains, we can get something out of Lexus....I dont know what, but at least an apology would be good. I'll start a new topic in the general IS300 section of this forum, please reply and I will try to get something out of Lexus. Andrew

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have also experienced the driver's seat squeak - only to determine it was the seat-belt buckle. WD-40 solved it.
Now, about rattles, squeaks and noises. Being a "car-a-holic," I have had a lot of cars in my life - not one of them was squeak-free. (Actually, my IS300 is about the tightest car I've had yet!) The varied materials in cars (especially the interiors) pretty much guarantee that you're going to have some kind of noise going on some of the time. Remember that temperature (high or low) causes expansion and contraction, which changes the way things fit together, creating the potential for rattles, crackles and snaps.
Obviously, if something is really making noise all the time, it should be fixed by Lexus under warranty. But, to get nuts over every little squeak and pop, will only drive you crazy. If you think your IS300 is not a well-made car, try driving around for a day in almost anything comparable.
Relax. Enjoy.

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: Leader ]

·
Registered
8 Posts
"I did notice if it pushed the far passenger side corner of the dash all the way down, there would be no squeaks. That corner moved up and down about 1.5 cm. "

Crontab I have the exact same thing! Haven't noticed it since winter, only happened when it got below 45. I mean dash still bounces but no squeaks. I am not looking forward to winter. I hope it doesn't come back.

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: Jfaubl ]

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've notice a little rattle/creak from the my dash as well. It's not very noticeable but annoys the heck out of me when I am driving with the radio off. I've tried pushing on the instrument panel and the dash a bit and not sure if that helped too much. Oh well, I guess I can live with it. Especially when I have my favorite CD blasting while I am driving the car aggressively

·
Registered
537 Posts
No squeaks (thankfully!!)

Overall my car has been very trouble-free until the fuel pressure regulator recently went south on me.

Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
The clear plastic shield that covers the instrument cluster squeeks at most speeds. If I put pressure on it with my hand, it will stop, but nothing else. Arghh!

·
11,061 Posts
Nope, no squeaks...

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
One squeek, only when I'm turning the wheel when going very slow do I hear it. Usually in the morning when I'm backing out of my driveway. If I sit there and turn the wheel back and forth I hear it. Sounds like it it's down low, maybe even under the car, but you can't hear it outside at all, maybe under the dash somewhere. I'll have the deale listen to it later.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts