Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received all led bulbs needed to change my interior a/c controls/clock and gauges to turn to blue. I tried installing them earlier today. First beginning with a/c controls and clock. I exchanged all bulbs required and once I turned the lights on, one of the a/c controls (the speed for air) wasn't on. Rather than just unplugging everything, I opened the control box open and took needle nose pliers to ensure the led bulb was snug and possibly backwards. Upon attempting to do this, all gauges above the steering wheel and a/c controls(with the exception of the def/fresh air/ & a/c button) were no longer on. The clock lights (2 blue leds) are still on. I tried the dimming knob just to be certain. Nothing changed. :( I have checked ALL fuses, nothing appears to be wrong with any of them.

What could be wrong with the bulbs that were working and now are not? Any advice or possible solutions were be greatly appreciated on this. Especially since I would like to avoid the stealerrship. Again, dimming knob and all fusues on both the driver's and passenger side as well as the fuse box next to the battery are fine.

One thing I would like to point out is the dimmer was working prior to the bulbs going out. Please help a fellow member out. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
483 Posts
did you completely take the climate control apart?..theres like a white strip of wires connecting them together to a circut did you make sure its snaped on all the way?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
did you completely take the climate control apart?..theres like a white strip of wires connecting them together to a circut did you make sure its snaped on all the way?
I didn't need to worry about that. I never took that apart. All you need to do is fold them the two parts where that wire is. There is enough slack to work around it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update. Went to the stealership. They seemed to think I may have shorted a wire out. They think it's coming from the dimmer knob to the left of the steering wheel. SO FYI, if you didn't know. Will update as I receive one. But again, if anyone can help or provide their .02 as well, thanks.

·
Registered
304 Posts
1st. I would put my stock stuff back on and see if it works as it should (diagnose the wiring/fuses etc). Then I would check each LED with an external power source and make sure they all work. I then would need to know results from 1 and 2 to continue lol

EDIT: And I would stay away from the dealership. What are they going to know about you replacing your dash lights with LEDs? You are the one that caused it so you probably have the best understanding of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts