Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few questions. I'm not sure if much can be done, but I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on products / corrective actions to clean up the silvery plastic lining on the interior of an '01 IS300 (see attached image). If there is not much of a fix available, maybe someone has recommendations on how to cover this up. This picture makes it look a hundred times worse than it actually is, but I just bought the car a few weeks ago, and the interior is in pretty good condition other than this area. Kind of sticks out :pissed:

Next, one of the tires on the car came without a center cap. I am considering ordering from CenterCaps.net - Cap Listing - Lexus, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to actually install this center cap on to the tire. Perhaps it will be self-explainatory once I receive the cap, but I wanted to make sure that I can put the center cap on first before ordering.

Lastly, whenever I have the air running in my car (heat or AC) the fan (not sure of the proper name, it sits underneath the dash on the passenger side of the car) is making a noise that I'm assuming is not normal. It is a subtle 'clicking' noise that speeds up / slows down depending on if the air is flowing on a high or low setting. My guess is that there is something slightly touching the fan that is causing a noise with each rotation. It is not serious, and doesn't seem as though there is much grinding / friction involved, but the noise is kind of pestering. I removed this fan on my old vehicle when dealing with the HVAC system, but despite the experience I was wondering if anyone knew of the proper procedure for removing this part to investigate. It does not seem to be very complicated, but I figured that I'd rather be safe than sorry when dealing with my IS.

Everyone has been extremely helpful with my questions asked in the past. Glad I found this forum right when I bought my IS!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
some people have gone as far as having that part of the dash air brushed but there's really no fix besides removing the dash and painting it.

the center caps snap right on.

that noise you hear... does it sound like running water?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really. It sounds kind of like flicking the edge of a sheet of paper, but recurrs with every revolution of the fan. I'm betting some sort of paper / twig / ??? is partially embedded in the area surrounding the fan...

·
Registered
444 Posts
Try these on for size.

Ticking Sound From Ac Blower

DIY Cabin Air Filter Tutorial PDF

And you can continue your searching endeavor by using this little handy feature. And if you really want to go wild, then try the fun little Google site search function. But you better hold, it's kinda like 3rd gear...which you may not be ready for just yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try these on for size.

Ticking Sound From Ac Blower

DIY Cabin Air Filter Tutorial PDF

And you can continue your searching endeavor by using this little handy feature. And if you really want to go wild, then try the fun little Google site search function. But you better hold, it's kinda like 3rd gear...which you may not be ready for just yet.
Thanks. I am browsing via cell phone, as my work blocks the website. And yes, I tried searching. Sadly I searched with the term "clicking" instead of "ticking," and my results weren't the greatest. If only I had realized that my blower was ticking, rather than clicking! After using these terms, the results I needed were right there on top!

Seriously, though, I was just trying to knock out a few additional questions, with my emphasis being the interior. Thanks for the links :pissed:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.