Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all just got a new 03 is300. Black on Black and this has probably been covered before, i tried to search but it came with so many pages I decided to just start a new post. What is a good cleaner for the leather/suede interior. to get rid of scuffs on the doors ect.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I think so far all I heard was that the dealer sells some stuff. But we all know they have jacked up prices. There's gotta be an equivalent out in an auto parts store...

·
Registered
498 Posts
Meguiars leather cleaner/conditioner is about $4 and works pretty good for the leather. Though the suede i am not sure because there doesnt seem to be a suede cleaner at the dealership. I saw a genuine lexus suede cleaner on Ebay, but the dealership never heard of it. They just said to use soap and water. Also a good product to shine the dash would be Armor All Original for Vinyls plastics etc. Sorry for the long post :D

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
303 Aerospace protectant is the best for the vinyl. You can get it at boat shops or properautocare.com

Do NOT use Armor All, it will eventually crack the vinyl plus it's greasy, too shiny, and attracts dust and dirt.

Lexol cleaner and conditioner is great for the leather and you can get that at just about any auto parts store.

We don't have suede, we have synthetic "Escaine". I would just use a mild soap with water when needed to clean it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
ATLDave
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing