Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just visted my local dealer. I got some interesting info. First I must say, I drove the car w/ "5" in it (all adults). The car still seem to have POWER and not too much lagging. Very smooth and quite.
Secondly, he said I could get Lexus Loyalty. Now in my head I know there is no loyalty on a IS. But he said that you don not get loyalty when you straight buy the car or lease, but if you finance you do. Even the manager was confused at first but then agreed. Ask around your dealers and see whats going on with that.
Thirdly he said the price will be going up in the next 3 or so months. I don't know about 1% but he said something about $3-4k to compeat with BMW and Mercedes. Seems logical but don't know if its true.

BTW the Auburn Sky is starting to grow on me and they had a funny looking pinstripe that follows the side body curve from the trunk to about the front wheel. (not for me)

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
that's a laugh, the IS should go DOWN $3000 if they want to compete with BMW and Mercedes. If it goes up $3-4k, they won't sell a single car.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
No kidding...3-4k is about 10%! A price increase like that is outrageous.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had said something like 1% and he said I don't know about that, Maybe $3k or so.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
It sounds like that dealer is really trying to push you into buying it _their_ way... Right away using financing... What sort of % did they offer on the financing???

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TEG the financing rate was 8.5% from lexus. And the loyalty was $1000 off the car. Maybe he was mistaking but thats what he said and what the manager agreed too. Next time I go back they might say sorry but there is no loyalty... Maybe its too late for them to take it back...

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Sounds like your salesman learned his trade selling Toyotas instead of Lexus. We are already seeing a reduction in avg. amount paid for this car. Do you honestly believe people will magically be willing to pay more down the road before any enhancements are made? Don't fall prey to his cheese.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Yeah - if they charge you 8.5% financing they should be able get well more than $1000 in interest payments from you... That $1000 doesn't sound like a real loyalty bonus (which isn't offered on the IS300 model) rather they are telling you (in a rather odd way) that they will give you reduced rate financing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sweetzzz,

I have the same funny thing happen to me on the Auburn Sky color. I first wanted the silver, then the white, and when I went to the car for the 3rd time then I started love the Auburn sky. It's really a nice color. It's got a nice luxury look but not boring. Looks great with the wood trim!

Simon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts