Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
What are you so proud of? Honda had designed an interior jsut as ugly for the Honda civic YEARS ago... AND, my 1995 civic was 1/3 the cost ;-)
Originally posted by MikeB:
Looks like someone is finally getting the auto right (a la Porshe)...
http://www.audiworld.com/news/00/newa4/

------------------
~soybomb~

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think he is referring to the continously variable transmission.
Looks like someone is finally getting the auto right (a la Porshe)...
I agree that the interior is not too eye catching. I'll take the A4 however and you can keep your civic.

Originally posted by s0yb0mb:
What are you so proud of? Honda had designed an interior jsut as ugly for the Honda civic YEARS ago... AND, my 1995 civic was 1/3 the cost ;-)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Hurricane, I was referring to the tranny.

I edited my post to make it EXTREMELY obvious as to what I was referring.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
No, you can have it. I sold it a while back. I bought an IS.
I know what he was referring to, I just was commenting on the car interior, which was fairly obvious as well.
Originally posted by hurricane:
I think he is referring to the continously variable transmission.

·
Registered
511 Posts
They did everything right except changed the body to look like the only Audi I detest, the A6 sedan. Aack!

It no longer has the conservative, but purposeful designeit once had (I know most of you clear-tailight types think it is "played out" or boring). What a screw up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
They did everything right except changed the body to look like the only Audi I detest, the A6 sedan. Aack!

I couldn't agree more!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by MikeB:
Looks like someone is finally getting the automatic tranny right (a la Porshe)...
http://www.audiworld.com/news/00/newa4/

[This message has been edited by MikeB (edited December 19, 2000).]
Most major car manufacturers have been looking at and working with this transmission technology. Honda released a Civic a few years ago that features a CVT and I belive they will offer a 2002 Civic with the improved version. It's acutally pretty interesting how the new transmission works. It features pulleys that have a precison metal cable wound around them. By changing the distance between the pulleys they are able to change the gear ratio. Neat stuff when they get it right for more powerful engines, so far it has been limited to 4 Cyl applications.

·
Registered
23 Posts
As the owner of a 2000 A6 (Beautiful front, ugly butt) I agree with all your comments about the new A4. I wish they had made the A6 look like the A4 not vice versa!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm... I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I love the new A4 looks. I think it is much more aggressive and stylish than previous models.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Remember everyone, we don't know how it really looks in person, plus they're gonna have a coupe, 4 door hatchback, 4 door fastback, and convertible version which all have different butts.... Also a comment on the interior, the reason it looks so ugly is because the color that its in, remember, that picture is of the prototype, the real one is two tone leather w/ wood or aluminum accents and is quite different looking... If i had the time i'd find the link for ya guys, there's a page with a diff. picture of the new A4 interior w/ the real trim (wood and dualtone leather)...

-Chris Y.

·
Registered
509 Posts
dunno.......
that new A4 looks just like A6 to me........

and i think A6 is for more of older ppl to drive. and i think the new A4 dont look as sportive as b4 tho..
just my opinions..

------------------
01' Spectra Blue Mica
Fully loaded IS 300

1 - 14 of 14 Posts