Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
04 IS300 automatic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think is the best fitting touch screen for a sound system. I assume getting the screen is the first step for installing one. Id want it to include Sirius XM.

What size speaker(s) would have the best sound quality in the trunk space of the first gen?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I personally use JL audio drivers up front with their tweeters, powered by a crunch amp, with a basic single DIN radio, coupled with a kicker sub that's also powered by it's own amp

If you want to draw inspiration from my sub setup go for it since I did a write up, but based off the cailber of your post, I'm gonna guess you don't care to go that far. Still worth a look, it's pretty cool

·
Registered
04 IS300 automatic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally use JL audio drivers up front with their tweeters, powered by a crunch amp, with a basic single DIN radio, coupled with a kicker sub that's also powered by it's own amp

If you want to draw inspiration from my sub setup go for it since I did a write up, but based off the cailber of your post, I'm gonna guess you don't care to go that far. Still worth a look, it's pretty cool

I’m willing to go pretty far, music and sound quality are important factors of my interior. So what size amp/kicker sub do you go with for optimum quality?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I’m willing to go pretty far, music and sound quality are important factors of my interior. So what size amp/kicker sub do you go with for optimum quality?
For just the main two 6" drivers and the two tweeters up front, they get connected to adjustable crossovers, which connect to a 4 channel, 1000 watt amp. And for the kicker sub, it's a 10 inch, 2 ohm, 400watt RMS driver, connected to a dedicated single channel 2000 watt amp that has an inline 2.5kW, 2.5 Farad Capacitor in parallel with the battery.

Needless to say, the sub is absolutely obnoxious. If you read the post I linked, you'll note that I said the entire rear seating turns into a massage chair, however this is how I have it configured.

The key with the sub is going to be how good of a seal you can get on the box enclosure, and that you do the proper calculations for the driver to box displacement. I think I hit the minimum recommended specification for the kicker, which is like 0.8-1 cubic foot of air volume. And if you have a close eye, you'll notice I have a reverse driver setup where the diaphram faces out so you can see it vibrating.

Front speakers:

Capacitor:

Front speaker amp:

Rear sub amp:

The sub amp I use, which I like looks to be discontinued (explaining the really high price), however you don't need that exact one clearly. So just get something that works and you'll be good

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
741 Posts
When I did my black interior swap, I did run all the wires when the carpet was out.

....that’s about as far as my “sound system went. Lmao.

I did install a pioneer touch screen. It’s nice! I am not big on sound systems and I ran the wiring as a “just because I was there” thing. I honestly thing the stock front door and tweeters don’t sound bad at all running off the HU. I did disconnect the rears becuase I plan on installing 6x9 (if they fit CORRECTLY) in the rear.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
741 Posts
here is what my touchscreen looks like.

Reactions: TobiasSing
1 - 6 of 6 Posts