Lexus IS Forum banner

*****INTEREST IN IS300 AEM EMS STAND ALONE*****

9K views 95 replies 43 participants last post by  Wino_II 
#1 ·
hey all,

i was speaking with josh at aem and he told me that he has never received a call on an AEM EMS for the IS300. i told him it would be a God sent item for the IS300, as it would get rid of any misfires, and incorrect gauge readings, and blinking trac lights or cels, any speed limiters/drive by wire issues, and would get rid of all of the problems that make turbocharging the IS so difficult. oh, they could also make the auto trans shift reliably and consistenly

it would also make it easy for any do it yourselfer to make a turbo kit

so, if you are interested in this product, as in for real, not partially, and you would buy this to tune your IS, as it would plug and play, please post, i'd like to make a showing to give to him. in addition to that, you can call josh at (800) 423-0046 and tell him that you would buy one from him if they had that available. they are working through any multiplex and drive by wire issues on a different car, so this is a viable solution in the near future.

i'll make this a temp sticky so that interest is properly gauged

by the way, i'll help anyone that gets one of these tune it

-gte

OH, by the way, this would PLUG INTO YOUR FACTORY HARNESS, NO WIRING REQUIRED

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks GTE. I will definitely be giving him a call... I had tried to stir interest in it, then I was considering retrofitting an SC300 ecu, then I decided it was too much work and I'd just wait it out.

I DEFINITELY would buy one if it were available.

-C

#5 ·
GTE

Ill even tow our project car to them if needed, engine has 12 miles on it :)

David

#9 ·
Definitely interested. Man I tried calling them a few times before but they always told me that there wasn't really a demand for the is300. Little do they know. Hehe

#17 ·
i am sure i would need one at some point. Maybe soon depending on price.

David

#21 ·
I need accountability, roll call time (mid atlantic/wino style)

if you all don't call and demand such a product, the need for it will not be known, and they will take what i said with a grain of salt

who has called about the IS300 ecu to aem, who did they speak to, and when, i'll start

1.) IS300GTE/Josh@AEM /12-12-03
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
11.)
12.)
13.)
14.)
15.)

wino-II said:
whats the deal GTE?? any more info?

#22 ·
Just called. No one picked up the tech line. I don't like my voice on VM so I didn't leave one.

#24 ·
IS300GTE said:
I need accountability, roll call time (mid atlantic/wino style)

if you all don't call and demand such a product, the need for it will not be known, and they will take what i said with a grain of salt

who has called about the IS300 ecu to aem, who did they speak to, and when, i'll start

1.) IS300GTE/Josh@AEM /12-12-03
2.)AllShowIS300/Josh@AEM / 12-13-03 left voice mail -Josh called back
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
11.)
12.)
13.)
14.)
15.)

wino-II said:
whats the deal GTE?? any more info?
:chill: Josh said that AEM has and still is tackling the drive by wire they are chooseing which cars to do based on demand. so keep those calls going in. he said the price could range from a low of 1,000 to 1,700 more to the middle of the two. want more info. then Call :D

#26 ·
Hmmm!

I really don't want to burst anyone's bubble here. But my tuner buddies went to the training several months ago and talked to both Jason, Kirk and (either JP or JR - the head of R&D) and let them know there was very keen interest for an IS300 application. They were kind of cold on the idea back then cus of DBW stuff.

We spoke to Kirk (their main sales guy) at Sema and he said that they are really close on solving DBW issue. Then we talked to Jason and JP (or JR) and they were not so enthused with having to deal with multiplex and DBW. So it really depends on who you talk to ... talk to the sales guys and yes it will happen! Talk to the engineers orking on it, "don't count on it any time soon". I have never spoken to Josh but this is not a new request to AEM, I can assure you of that! Just go to the AEM forums and you'll see requests right there!

Hopefully, a big crowd of people going to AEM will give them the motivation they need! I think this is an excellent start though. I do hope I am wrong cos I will get one sooner or later regardless of whether or not they make it plug and play. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.