Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off - my computer is all ufcked up and has been freezing like every 5 mins, so please, no 'do a search' responses...i have tried and after reading 2 or 3 posts, everything freezes up...

so i got pulled over in the san fernando valley in so cal and the CHP ticketed me for my greddy exhaust, my 20% tint, no front plate, and hiper white turnsignals - no i am not complaining, i know with all that isht on my car, it is only a matter of time before you get rocked - any way, so after all that he has me pop my hood and then he tickets me for my SRT intake...

What i need to know is if there is any documentation I can get that says that my intake is legal? or if i can just go get my car smog checked and use that to show my mods are legal (as long as i pass, which i should)...

also, am i looking at a fine or can i just go back to stock to clear it all up (if i can't convince them that it's all legal)?

i know that have to change my rear turn signals and put my exhaust back to stock, get those signed off, and then i can put them back, and with the tint, i can either take it off or just pay a $90 fine (i have been busted for the windows 3 times on two different cars, yeah I know should just take it off, but it looks so much better with it!!) :D

any info you guys can provide would be really helpfull - especially from those in Ca who have had the same dilemma.

Justin

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
i dont think there is anything you can do about the srt, since it doesnt have carb cert. from what im hearing from other members is that there is no "fix it" solution anymore, just a fine. i may be wrong, but that's what i'm hearing. hope that helps.

-eric

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Been driving and getting tickets in California for 36 years. For a CHP to be that big of a prick, you must have done something to really piss him off.
Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.