Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and did not find this question were does the loudness of a intake come from where the air hits the filter or in the MAF
I am thinking of getting a srt intake and get a Weapon R cold air box
on it to make it quieter and don't know if it will lose HP if I do this.If someone tried doing this before would like their opinion on this and if it's at the filter do you guys think that dynomating the cold air box will make it quieter.I like the HP but think it will be nice to have it be quiet.any opinions are welcomed

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
S-Japan said:
I searched and did not find this question were does the loudness of a intake come from where the air hits the filter or in the MAF
I am thinking of getting a srt intake and get a Weapon R cold air box
on it to make it quieter and don't know if it will lose HP if I do this.If someone tried doing this before would like their opinion on this and if it's at the filter do you guys think that dynomating the cold air box will make it quieter.I like the HP but think it will be nice to have it be quiet.any opinions are welcomed
The air flow coming into the fliter area etc can make the noise
Filter type and size

Heat Shields etc..

About you adding the "weapon-rice" box to the SRT I say no, cause the RECU black box was made in mind with the heat shield that SRT made for it to read correct disturbing the air flow could be a bad idea.

Also, Mo has been sending out dif filters from AFE with the intakes I noticed

My 1st cone was smaller and the 2nd was a little bigger around but still worked as well

1 - 2 of 2 Posts