Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First thing I will say that I am really not to mechancally inclined. IF I buy an intake (RMM, SRT, etc) is there anything else I have to add other than slapping it on, or in my case bringing it to a shop to do? Also, I see some people mentioning ECU? Can someone define this for me. Sorry for all of the stupid questions but I am learning. Thanks.

·
Registered
670 Posts
If you get just an intake like Injen, AEM, RMM, PLP and others..... it does not require much of mechanical skill..... you should be able to do it in like 45mins or so...

If you happen to get SRT intake with Race ECU.... then there is one more step to it in addition to regular intake install.....
SRT intake comes with Race ECU that you need to cut or splice 9,I beileve, wires from your main ECU..... and solder them with SRT Race ECU.... if you know how to solder wires... you should be ok too.....

hope this helps...

·
Registered
765 Posts
if you want the injen intake i will sell you one for a good price. pm me if interested.--matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.