Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the new INJEN gen 3 ( the ones that are painted black from the factory) and my maf sensor rubs on the material that is connected underneath the hood. its making a hole and yellow foamlike crap is falling out of the liner. Is there anythign i can do to prevent this from becoming worse? Does anyone else else have this problem?
thanks

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
silver5spd said:
I have the new INJEN gen 3 ( the ones that are painted black from the factory) and my maf sensor rubs on the material that is connected underneath the hood. its making a hole and yellow foamlike crap is falling out of the liner. Is there anythign i can do to prevent this from becoming worse? Does anyone else else have this problem?
thanks
duct tape

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
silver5spd said:
thanks
Are you sure that you installed the piping properly? You may have adjusted the piping a little canted so that the piping is tilted upward enough for the MAF to hit.

I would loosen your couplings and try making adjustments to the piping and see if that helps.

-SXiS

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
If what I mentioned is not the case, I would call whoever you got the intake from, take pics, send it to them with an explanation and see what they will do for you. Since I assume you have a stock hood, the intake should not sit so high as to make your MAF rub against the hood like it is.

-SXiS

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
As you see on the pic, I had to put some duct tape on there as well, I figure it's a common problem with most owners of the Injen, someone said that they were designed from the GS 300 and they never changed the design to the IS 300 Hood, dunno could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
PLP. AEM. SRT

i sell injen but i always talk my customers out of it!

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
also i hate return's

and i bet right about now, you want to return it!

David

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow that sucks, i though injen was good.
I am not sure if i should call injen and complain or if i should try to get a refund.
Overall i am satisfied with the performance and the sound. What are some other reasons you talk people out of buying the INJEN intakes?
thanks

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Can the piping not be tilted down at all, even if it takes some brace manipulation? It looks as if you should be able to, because I can't imagine the intake being any more than 1/2" or so too high for the sound deadning material.

alredxiii said:
As you see on the pic, I had to put some duct tape on there as well, I figure it's a common problem with most owners of the Injen, someone said that they were designed from the GS 300 and they never changed the design to the IS 300 Hood, dunno could be wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts