Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a somewhat loud intake, but dont know if i want the srt because there are mixed results. I might be able to get the SRT for 500 and I dont really know the price of the others. Out of all of you who have these intakes which is the loudest + best performer.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
If you dont want to get the SRT, go with a Joe Z or a PLP. You get almost the same performance, without the major looking change under the hood. And for less.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
thedon said:
If you dont want to get the SRT, go with a Joe Z or a PLP. You get almost the same performance, without the major looking change under the hood. And for less.
the Joe Z pipe has been dyno'd and has shown to give a decrease in the torque.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
thedon said:
I thought he's waiting to get another Dyno because it was performed wrong the first time. But anyway, I have one on my car and there's no denying the car feels better all the way thru the RPM range. Every time I drive it, it feels great. Thats no BS.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
thedon said:
Hey you know what dude, it seems you don't know how to read... Eventhough you post everywhere.... Go back to the thread where the DYNO results are and READ!!! BTW- A pipe is not going to cause a drop in torque.... :roll:

I don't need a DYNO to tell me it works or not anyways!!!

I have plenty of happy IS 300 owners that are .net and non-.net members who wanted me to make the pipe for them, and have no complaints..... Just awesome reviews!!!! And they stretch form West Coast to East Coast....

That's good enough for me!!!!

Are you enjoying your PLP Intake..?? Then go and start a thread on how much you like there product... I'm sure that it is a great product too...

You have posted these "types" of comments towards me before, and I haven't answered, now you got my attention!!!

Joe Z :chill:

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Joe Z said:
Hey you know what dude, it seems you don't know how to read... Eventhough you post everywhere.... Go back to the thread where the DYNO results are and READ!!! BTW- A pipe is not going to cause a drop in torque.... :roll:

I don't need a DYNO to tell me it works or not anyways!!!

I have plenty of happy IS 300 owners that are .net and non-.net members who wanted me to make the pipe for them, and have no complaints..... Just awesome reviews!!!! And they stretch form West Coast to East Coast....

That's good enough for me!!!!

Are you enjoying your PLP Intake..?? Then go and start a thread on how much you like there product... I'm sure that it is a great product too...

You have posted these "types" of comments towards me before, and I haven't answered, now you got my attention!!!

Joe Z :chill:
You mean the dyno YOU performed on YOUR car did NOT show a drop in torque?..as for the PLP..yes I enjoy it..and the people who buy it aren't stu-stu-stupid enough that they have to make 10 diff. threads about it...

·
Registered
289 Posts
SRT is definitely a good option, don't know about the others you have listed. When I installed the SRT, I noticed a positive increase. You can't go wrong with it. Also, the sound is excellent, deep and gets your attention.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
You mean the dyno YOU performed on YOUR car did NOT show a drop in torque?..as for the PLP..yes I enjoy it..and the people who buy it aren't stu-stu-stupid enough that they have to make 10 diff. threads about it...
Like I said you don't know how to read!!!!!

I personally did not perform DYNO on the 02' test car.... SP Enginering DYNO'd the car in 5th gear instead of 4th gear....When all is said and done the intake will post higher rwhp and torque as well, from it's original DYNO results.... 8)

Nice comment about the other members who got my custom intake... Great way to make friends on the .Net!!!!

Joe Z

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Gotsta agree w/Joe....

.... if you read the posts fully under the "Joe Z intake dyno thread" you would SURELY know there were 'issues' with the way it was Dynoed & you should have thought twice before making such an ill informed & probably erroneous & misleading comment about the intakes performance...

Joe needs to get that li'l fokker dynoed on a MT car for sure next time to avoid the issues with the auto tranny..... less runs needed too Joe & it will go fast, i8'd call SP & tell them whats up & see if they'll give you a couple runs for free using an MT car... that way they need invest less time in getting you 2-3 proper runs correctly done.... if tyou want other dyno work I'm sure they will accomodate that as well esp. if it is all at the same time & for a nominal charge i hope...

edgy.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Joe Z said:
Like I said you don't know how to read!!!!!

I personally did not perform DYNO on the 02' test car.... SP Enginering DYNO'd the car in 5th gear instead of 4th gear....When all is said and done the intake will post higher rwhp and torque as well, from it's original DYNO results.... 8)

Nice comment about the other members who got my custom intake... Great way to make friends on the .Net!!!!

Joe Z
yes..cause my primary purpose is to make friends online..yes..thats it...

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
edgy said:
Gotsta agree w/Joe....

.... if you read the posts fully under the "Joe Z intake dyno thread" you would SURELY know there were 'issues' with the way it was Dynoed & you should have thought twice before making such an ill informed & probably erroneous & misleading comment about the intakes performance...

Joe needs to get that li'l fokker dynoed on a MT car for sure next time to avoid the issues with the auto tranny..... less runs needed too Joe & it will go fast, i8'd call SP & tell them whats up & see if they'll give you a couple runs for free using an MT car... that way they need invest less time in getting you 2-3 proper runs correctly done.... if tyou want other dyno work I'm sure they will accomodate that as well esp. if it is all at the same time & for a nominal charge i hope...

edgy.
Seeing as how there are about 20 diff. threads about the pipe(which wasn't "custom" made...if it were..the holes would line up..something to think about)...

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:

Haha that's funny man. At least i'm not too lazy to disconnect the battery to reset the ecu. Or are you just too stu-stu-stupid to remember the radio stations you listen to?

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
redlex15 said:
Haha that's funny man. At least i'm not too lazy to disconnect the battery to reset the ecu. Or are you just too stu-stu-stupid to remember the radio stations you listen to?
yes..I'm too lazy..actually I didn't want to reset the battery so I could have the total # of miles w/ the intake on w/o having to write it down/remember it...and btw..WTF is the "European" short antenna? I've heard of the JDM one..but European?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
That's smooth man. You just called me, joe z, thedon, monkeylex, martin, bitty, jstekman, ucla-is300, flatline_is, ris300, aznboyz, koboi27, 2001lexusIS300, nicelex, silverlex07, as well as others "stupid". Are you sure you want to do that?

I know you don't want to make friends, but do you really want enemies. We are all here just posting info and trying to help other people out. You know as well as I do, that the search function is not completely perfect. So what is your problem with us trying to provide some assistance? Is it necessary to combine all statements into one never-ending thread. Each member is proud of his own vehicle, and values their sense of originality and ingenuity. Thus they expresses it in their own individual way. For example, did you really have to post that pic of your stock is? http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13319141&highlight= Plus you were able to express your feelings about plp without any restriction from others http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13325163&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
(yeah, i know how to use the search too)

I took offense to that "stupid" remark, but if you need it, I would be willing to rewrite the above statements in simpler terms for you to comprehend.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
redlex15 said:
That's smooth man. You just called me, joe z, thedon, monkeylex, martin, bitty, jstekman, ucla-is300, flatline_is, ris300, aznboyz, koboi27, 2001lexusIS300, nicelex, silverlex07, as well as others "stupid". Are you sure you want to do that?

I know you don't want to make friends, but do you really want enemies. We are all here just posting info and trying to help other people out. You know as well as I do, that the search function is not completely perfect. So what is your problem with us trying to provide some assistance? Is it necessary to combine all statements into one never-ending thread. Each member is proud of his own vehicle, and values their sense of originality and ingenuity. Thus they expresses it in their own individual way. For example, did you really have to post that pic of your stock is? http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13319141&highlight= (yeah, i know how to use the search too)

I took offense to that "stupid" remark, but if you need it, I would be willing to rewrite the above statements in simpler terms for you to comprehend.
Did I say ALL of them were stupid? No..I'm sure the first 2-4 were ok cause its a new thing..but after that..its called stupidity..and yes..I posted that pic of my car...I found it from when it was taken 2 years ago and Thought it was a pretty nice B&W pic of the car.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
ImpulseXvX said:
Please do a search..its what the "search" button is for.
As you have said to others, I say to you: Do a search!!. There are only about 6 threads on the issue, which is far less than your exaggeration of 20. So you mean those two extra threads out of the hundreds posted daily have pushed you beyond your threshold?

Have you run out of informative content, that you must resort to senseless name-calling and providing irrelevant and biased information? Please enlighten me.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've kept pretty quiet up until now about some of your posts Impulse.

I was one of the first ones to order the pipe from Joe Z, and was one of the "stu stu stupid" ones to post a thread about it.

I've also followed most of the posts about the pipe, dyno, etc.

Seems to me that you either have a tremendous hardon for PLP, or have something against Joe. You haven't had a single decent thing to say, even though every single person who has the intake is more than happy with the power increase, quality, and service. You have been the first to criticize and point out every negative thing you could.

I think I speak for alot of people when I say Go Away.

Oh, and as for your little remark about how custom Joe Z's intake really is?

Maybe you should take a look at your precious PLP intake and then head on over to
www.gcatrueflow.com.

That is the image on Gcatrueflow's website .. the same one that PLP posted up until they were called out on it - http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13323463&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30.

Funny how the pic was changed right after that post huh?

What's even funnier is how the dyno sheet that used to be on PLP's site that showed the HP increase is also mysteriously gone now. Why would someone remove a scan of the HP increase?

Maybe because if you looked at it close enough, it said "TRUEFLOW" right on top.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
About this Discussion
41 Replies
11 Participants
redlex15
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing