Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a lot of diff. opinions on this topic. But here's what I'm throwing to the sharks... I'm considering an AEM Short Ram combined with a Blitz Nur Spec. AEM claims almost 15hp off of their short ram intake for the IS300. I saw some posts about the SRT intake, I'd like to know some of the numbers off of that intake. And as far as exhaust goes, I've looked at the HKS exhausts...most are 60mm piping with a 110 or 115mm, and the Nur Spec as a 60.5mm pipe with like a 110 or 115 tip. So what does it boil down to, Blitz or HKS? I'm looking for good gains, and that "I'm gonna tear you apart" kind of sound. Thanks for the help guys

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
a lot of guys on the forum have grown to dislike the blitz sound. you should listen to it in person before purchasing.

the AEM numbers are :lol: unless you get the A/F ratio tuned with an AFC...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
irv_usc said:
a lot of guys on the forum have grown to dislike the blitz sound. you should listen to it in person before purchasing.

What ya mean have grown to dislike the sound? Too loud or just annoying or what? (just don't know what ya mean) Thanks for the info

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
irv_usc said:

What ya mean have grown to dislike the sound? Too loud or just annoying or what? (just don't know what ya mean) Thanks for the info

·
Registered
377 Posts
what does the ltuned exhaust sound like anyways... anyone have a clip? i'm goin through the stages of deciding what exhaust to get and i want something that i will not get a ticket for.. hehe... but at the same time i wanna get somethin that sounds good.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i know there is a member here who sold his blitz exhaust b/c it was too quiet for him, not sure what your preference is though

i have the srt/l-tuned combo and i love the way it sounds, very subtle but noticeable at wot

you can look into hks, jic, greddy and tanabe as well

·
Registered
712 Posts
homerun217 said:
get the SRT Intake, HKS Hiper exhaust....

search next time :wink:
For a "I'm gonna tear you apart" sound... the above combo is the best way to go.

For something a bit more toned down, try my combo....

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
the blitz and l-tuned are quiet exhausts.

the greddy probably has the best "imma tear you apart sound", mainly because it is louder and throatier than the HKS Hiper. The hiper is more of a japanese track car sound...go to the Store and watch the clip of the HKS Dragger II, its pretty much the same thing as the Hiper.

But no matter what exhaust you get, pretty much anything will sound mean as hell with the addition of a toyomoto or xerd header+race-pipe combo :p

·
Registered
608 Posts
im still stunned where you got the info that AEM claimed there shortram intake for the Is300, by it self, would bring up to 15HP. thats wack as hell cause it dont bring more then like 3HP all by itself. from experience i would know.
-Ramin

·
Registered
225 Posts
L-tuned and PLP is a pefect combo. Nice, deep tone above 60mph, uphill, and in parking structures. :p Suprisingly feels way nicer than stock. :lol:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
shuggy said:
L-tuned and PLP is a pefect combo. Nice, deep tone above 60mph, uphill, and in parking structures. :p Suprisingly feels way nicer than stock. :lol:
however, that is the quietest aftermarket combo out there...l-tuned exhaust is a bit louder than stock, and the plp intake just doesnt have the noise and resonance like an open element intake does.

go with either hks hiper or greddy evo, and definitally SRT intake if you dont mind the $550 price tag :wink:

·
Registered
212 Posts
i went with the hiper & srt w/r-ecu. i also have the s-afc to have the ability to tune here in cali. this combo does add sound to your IS, but not to the point that your going to annoy anyone. check my sig for dynos of this combo.

about the hiper not passing smog in california?... i don't know about this one. i thought it was fifty state legal, but i'll double check it.

edit:
the link below is to hks. read the second paragraph. since this exhaust doesn't modify or by-pass any of the existing lexus emissions equipment it should be smog legal. it also passes the california sound laws.

http://www.hksusa.com/categories/more.asp?id=1715
end of edit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts