Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do Intakes deteriorate? Like say an SRT with a few thousand miles on it. I was just wondering becuase Im looking into a used one.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
The only intake I have heard problems with is the Rod Millen sport intake, but that was only one users opinion.

Other than some extreme abuse, I don't know of anything that would cause the intake to flake off... especially if the intake only has a few thousand miles on it.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Astr0LuX said:
Do Intakes deteriorate? Like say an SRT with a few thousand miles on it. I was just wondering becuase Im looking into a used one.
You'd hae to rely on the seller's word for it. In the case of theSRT, I'd want to be sure the piggy back ECU thingy was working correctly. With any intake, I'd want to make sure the filter and the couplings were intact.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
an intake is a piece of metal tubing.
deteriorate? are you really worrying about it? Dont' bother. It's metal. There are no moving parts. How is it supposed to deteriorate.

·
Registered
107 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
deteriorate? are you really worrying about it? Dont' bother. It's metal. There are no moving parts. How is it supposed to deteriorate.
I agree, besides rust, it wont deteriorate. The SRT is made of steel, not some radioactive material with a half-life, or a perishable like bread. :lol:

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
SophieSleeps said:
You got a filter than can be torn or abused.

On the SRT, as mentioned by the thread founder, you have the piggyback electroinics.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
bartkat said:
SophieSleeps said:
You got a filter than can be torn or abused.

On the SRT, as mentioned by the thread founder, you have the piggyback electroinics.

Yeah but dude, the filter don't have any moving parts either. It sits in your engine bay. How can the filter be torn or abused. It's not a football. It sits there. As for the piggy, it sits inside of a covered box. Nothin's gonna happen to it either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts