Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering which kinds where the best.

i think the swift tech intake is the best but i don't know about the exhaust.

can some one recommend one and list it's price?

do they affect my gas mileage in anyway?

how hard is it to install these mods?

thanks

·
Registered
442 Posts
IMO, I would wait to see what other companies put out before buying stuff. Since the market for the IS is kinda new you will see SOME not all companies trying to get into it quick and just put out some half a$$ed POS that will sell. Give it a while, some companies I would wait for is AEM for a CAI intake and maybe Greddy or TRD exhaust. Since your in CA you have to pay attention to things that are CARB legal. AEM is usually CARB legal, but can't do anything about the exhausts.

The intake and exhausts are easy to do. I would say that if you have instructions the intake will take about 30-45 minutes and depending on how strong you are, and how good your tools are it should take you an hour or two to install the exhaust.

If you need help I would love to help you out, maybe take some pictures of the install.

[This message has been edited by GPR (edited November 28, 2000).]

·
Registered
548 Posts
I am totally agree w/ what GPR said; just wait for a while since our IS is still new to the US market (I'm also still waiting for a good exhaust and intake
).

·
Registered
192 Posts
wait till TRD comes out with a exhaust...all the aftermarket ones out there do not improve...i had rmm intake...i lost .4 seconds at sears.....

blackis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts