Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let everyone know....when I upgraded my Lexus IS250 to the IS-F earlier this month, I was really concerned about the increase to my full coverage insurance (I use Mercury Insurance). After acquiring the vehicle, I faxed over the VIN number and Lojack installation receipt to my insurance company. After inputting that info, they informed me (to my shock) that my insurance would be raised by only $6 per month! She informed me that that rate increase would have been a bit more, but because I had the Lojack installed, it offset some of that difference.

To put that into perspective, my 6mos insurance rate for my IS250 was about $980 for full coverage. My new IS-F for six mos would be $1016.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Btw- I am over age of 25, no speeding tickets, and drive in Los Angeles, CA..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just to let everyone know....when I upgraded my Lexus IS250 to the IS-F earlier this month, I was really concerned about the increase to my full coverage insurance (I use Mercury Insurance). After acquiring the vehicle, I faxed over the VIN number and Lojack installation receipt to my insurance company. After inputting that info, they informed me (to my shock) that my insurance would be raised by only $6 per month! She informed me that that rate increase would have been a bit more, but because I had the Lojack installed, it offset some of that difference.

To put that into perspective, my 6mos insurance rate for my IS250 was about $980 for full coverage. My new IS-F for six mos would be $1016.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Btw- I am over age of 25, no speeding tickets, and drive in Los Angeles, CA..
That's not bad at all... I optioned for the LoJack early warning system installed as well. It does well on the thief portion of the insurance... I did have a few speeding tickets when I was younger, but I am over 25 so we will see how that plays out...

·
Registered
436 Posts
4 doors, traction and stability control, along with all the airbags make our new age musclecars very reasonable on insurance.

Eric

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts

Not bad ....

Have you ever looking into Wawanessa Insurance in So Cal??

They are very good...

Joe Z

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow, that is GREAT news. Thanks for the post. I also have Wawanesa Joe and they have been pretty good to me for the 3 years that I've had them. I hope they are good to me as Mercury was to dpark when my ISF finally arrives.

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
It seems that you guys have done well on your IS F Insurance. If an article by Amy Danise of the Insure.com website is accurate, the Lexus IS F is the 9th most expensive car to insure (presumably excluding exotica like Ferraris and Lamborghinis), and the 3rd-most expensive 4-door sedan (behind the Audi S8 and BMW M5). Here's a link: Insure.com - The most and least expensive 2009 vehicles to insure

·
Registered
289 Posts
I put the car in my mother's name and it costs roughly $90 a month to insure it with me as an occasional driver, so $1080 CAD a year for me. What has to be mentioned though, is that my mother is an adjuster for an insurance company and gets discounts through the state-ran umbrella organization (the AMF).

·
Registered
52 Posts
I put the car in my mother's name and it costs roughly $90 a month to insure it with me as an occasional driver, so $1080 CAD a year for me. What has to be mentioned though, is that my mother is an adjuster for an insurance company and gets discounts through the state-ran umbrella organization (the AMF).

Well Im in Ontario Canada and my IS-F cost me $14.00/month more than my 1997 Toyota Camry. I was suprised, but I did argue to much. My carrier is StateFarm which is also in the USA so worth a gander. It was also the same rate as the IS250. Now my record is clean so Im not sure if the ratings go up proportionally for past driving issues.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well Im in Ontario Canada and my IS-F cost me $14.00/month more than my 1997 Toyota Camry. I was suprised, but I did argue to much. My carrier is StateFarm which is also in the USA so worth a gander. It was also the same rate as the IS250. Now my record is clean so Im not sure if the ratings go up proportionally for past driving issues.
Yeah, it costs me roughly the same for the IS250. Insurance companies here insure an Evo X as a Lancer GTS, so...

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Working in the auto insurance industry, car insurance rates will vary from state to state and person to person. Depending on the coverages you elect, your rates will always vary. Now if we're talking car for car, it's a given why an IS F will cost more to insure than a regular IS 250. The IS F has many factors that cause it to be expensive to insure. First is the type of car, it's a 4 door sports sedan with a high output large displacement motor. Second the parts on Lexus cars in general are very expensive...and because of the risk factor the IS F has, it's going to cost more to insure than a regular 2IS.

I kind of laugh everytime there's a new thread like this that comes up...because not every has the same insurance coverage, especially between carriers and state regulations. There are too many variables that offset costs of insurance rates. Driving record, age, vehicle type, amount of coverage you elect and etc.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
It is true that there are a million different variables when it comes to auto insurance. It is really hard to compare apples to apples as just one small change on a policy can drastically affect the rates.

Overall the best thing you can do when looking for insurance is talk to a real live independent agent. They will be able to help you save money and advise you on the best company to choose for your money.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just called today on rates for an ISF...it will be $14 more a month than my 03 IS300. I am just not sure if I want a car payment right now...I drove the F today...it is wicked!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
dont think it matters i got a salvage title car and they didnt ask about titles and the amt was the same as the other car.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Now I'm 36 with clean record and triple A credit but it was only maybe 100 dollars more a year. I was shocked!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Im from Toronto Canada. My insurance broker told me the highest 3 sports cars to insure $ wise are 1. Nissan GTR 2.Lexus ISF 3.BMW M3

1 - 20 of 27 Posts