Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was wandering how much everyones yearly insurance is?? How old are ya'll too...Seems to make a big difference...

I got mine and it is 3700 a year for a 16 year old with 1000 minimum deduction....tell me thats not rediculous....i am shopping for someone new now...

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Isn't it Florida suppose to have the lowest insurance rate in the U.S.?

Does your age @ 16 have anything to do with it?

Did u also include your accessories?

Are you or your parents paying for it?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure about FL's rates being the lowest...i have never heard anyones rates from our of the state....and yeah all 16 year olds insurance is high, but i was wandering how high compared to others...luckily my parents are paying for it but they are not proud of it.....and i didnt even add my accessories to the list.....its messed up. What is yours??

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
2600 per year, thats with the addition of one speeding ticket, and crash history (will be gone by 2005 december) will expect them to be somewhere around 2000 next year :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm paying around 1350 a year..... if you're under 21 good luck finding insurance quotes for under $2500 a year.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
seriously....its nut what they do to you....they say all of this drivers ed crap help...but i took it and it didnt do crap for it.......sounds like some of ya'll are in the same position though....

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:eek: geeeez man you might have to shop around like me haha....4800 is through the roof...!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
saiyanzzrage said:
4800 a year in NY...no accidents, no tickets, nothing... :pissed: :pissed:
around that price...in Los Angeles with one accident and 2 tickets...20 yrs

but i did get my money's worth when they gave me $31K to buy my IS...not including other stuff they had to pay for...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
did they not cancel you after your big claim? most places round here dump ya after you use them...its crap!

·
Registered
365 Posts
I pay around $3500/ year. 2 accidents, no tickets, $500 deductible.

Im 25 years old. In Massachusetts you have to wait after your sixth year of driving experience until they lower your insurance. Most states your insurance rates go down when you turn 25.

Also in MA you really cant "shop" around for good insurance quotes. Insurance prices are controlled by the state.....it sucks.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh dang thats no good... :-? i think in florida they go down around 21 i think...so thats 5 years. Yeah u can shop around here so that part is nice. Once you get a ticket or get in a wreck...your done with..its a no no :shame:

Can ya'll take classes once a year to get the points off without letting the insurance see it? They let you do it like once a year in FL but you run out of them...

·
Registered
947 Posts
dam i just switched from progressive $2400 a year to 21st century for 800 a year. i also have mulitiple car discount and good driver discount. good thing tickets dont cross state lines :lol: i had 3 in ny. and an accident.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
noIS300yet said:
Im 25 years old. In Massachusetts you have to wait after your sixth year of driving experience until they lower your insurance. Most states your insurance rates go down when you turn 25.
Bullshyt!!! :pissed:

I'm 27 and NJ insurance companies are the biggest ripoff!!!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts