Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys living in DC paying for insurance? I am starting work there on Sept. 10th and I am getting rates of $2267 every 6 mths. I am used to paying $743 every 6mths. now. That is quite a jump for me. The above cost is for the IS and liability on a beater car. If you guys are getting good rates there let me know the companies you are with. Thanks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey, welcome to DC! I live in MD and works in the S.W. near the Capitol Hill. If you need any pointer on good restaurants, give me a holler. My wife and I pay Progressive $2016/6 mo. for both the '01 IS and '01 RX, for full coverage. I have 5 points on record and wife has none. And I'm 30. I don't think it is a good rate, but it is the best I could find. If you have a good driving record, obviously you should give GEICO a call.

[ August 21, 2001: Message edited by: S20002IS300 ]

·
Registered
53 Posts
ISLover,

I pay around $286 every 6 months, but I live in Virginia (not in the city), and I have a $1000 deductible. I have State Farm, but since my parents have been with them for 20+ years, I got a great deal from our family's State Farm agent, so I am probably not representative of what others will pay.

I am also 29, so like S20002IS300, I am not paying the exorbitant under 25 rates I used to.

IS300Fool

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey IS300Fool, did you get your car from Pohanka? I'm going to be picking up a 2002 as soon as possible and I'm wondering where I should plan on having it serviced...

Which leads me to my next question
, has anybody in the DC area seen any 2002's on the lots? I'm foaming at the mouth here

·
Registered
12 Posts
Coverage for me on an IS300 02, 500 deductibles, was 2014/year. That's for a 22 year old, male, defensive driving, defensive driving advanced. I miss being on my parents policy, I think I paid 865/year for my camaro. That's another thing, if you get house ins. and auto ins. through the same group, you're likely tol get a steep break. Something I really have to get around to doing. my insurance is through usaa. ahh this is for wilmington, DE. , somewhat of a city.

Sorry for the sloppy post. The ambien is screwing my head, and i have band-aids on the tips of several of my fingers.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys thanks for your help on this. S20002IS300, I'll give you a holler on the places to be. IS300Fool, I am going to try state farm. GEICO is the company I am with now and they are the ones that gave me that astronomical rate. I am 26 with a clean record so I thought I could get a much better deal. My job is with the DC gov't so it is required for me to live in DC, so that sucks when it comes to these costs.

·
Registered
69 Posts
try state farm, and tell them you want home/renters and they should knock off 10% also if you have more than one car you get a discount too...5000 a year for insurance is crazy to me...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts