Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you get your auto insurance from?

Renewal Time is coming up for me and I'm starting to realize that with even with my engineering discount my current company is not necessarily giving me a competitive price. Right now TD Meloch Monex is looking the best for me.

So... who are you currently insured with? If you don't mind disclosing... how much are you paying for what type of driver's record? Also... how good is your insurance company to deal with?

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Dominions. I think $1700 approx annual. I have an immaculate record with 15 yrs of driving exp, and $1k deductable. I have a 03 is300, btw.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Crester, if you're a P.Eng or even part of the PEO, the discount at Meloche is HUUUGE. I went from paying $175 to $115/month when I got the PEO discount.

Talk to the people at Meloche, and they'll tell you its the best discount offered. They said that even employee's of Meloche can't get as deep a discount.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Yup get a quote from Meloche Monnex -- I'm at $93/month -- wifey is an accountant so I got her preferrred rate through them.

You need to be part of some group though; professional association, university or college grad, or something.

If you lump in your house insurance the rate gets better.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
$1250 year 2nd gen IS,but also lumped home and life with cooparators killa deal for my auto.between auto,home and life way under $200 monthly

Reactions: Johnnysks

·
Registered
26 Posts
$86.43/mo through Allstate for 300k/100k coverage in SF Bay Area. $500 deductible for Collision and Comprehensive. Licensed 10 years, agency knows I had a speeding ticket in WA State Feb 04, but since it was more than three years ago, they did not account for that in my rate. I also have renter's insurance 100k coverage for $11.67/mo combined with this rate.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What part of Ontario, Canada is San Francisco in? :p

Reactions: Johnnysks

·
Registered
941 Posts
$86.43/mo through Allstate for 300k/100k coverage in SF Bay Area. $500 deductible for Collision and Comprehensive. Licensed 10 years, agency knows I had a speeding ticket in WA State Feb 04, but since it was more than three years ago, they did not account for that in my rate. I also have renter's insurance 100k coverage for $11.67/mo combined with this rate.
that sounds very cheappppp for being in a state like cali. cause i figured they base it on the population in your area, etc, etc, and california pretty much has more people in their state than the whole canada combined, ALMOST!

im paying $148/month, full coverage, full everything, and with one 49km/h over speeding ticket. Hopefully it might drop down a bit once i turn 26, as it did when i turned 25.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that sounds very cheappppp for being in a state like cali. cause i figured they base it on the population in your area, etc, etc, and california pretty much has more people in their state than the whole canada combined, ALMOST!

im paying $148/month, full coverage, full everything, and with one 49km/h over speeding ticket. Hopefully it might drop down a bit once i turn 26, as it did when i turned 25.
What company are you with?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What do you pay right now so we can see if its worth posting :)
I'm paying $240/month at Personal right now... and they are going to "reduce" it to $235 for the renewal. I've come to realize that tho that there are cheaper options so I'd be stupid to go with them again. Even if they offer the official discount of the OSPE. (Ontario Soceity of Professional Engineers)

It surprises me that my parents together pay less to insure a more expensive Lexus and 2nd car than it costs me alone to insure just my one car. :pissed:

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Think it would be helpful to add in what kind of car you're insuring too if its not on your sig already...

2007 IS250 RWD 6MT with Chieftain Insurance, paying $173 per month, was $169 but they decided to raise it...

oh also should add, I'm 27, +1 speeding ticket under 49km/h in 04, so it doesn't count now.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
938 Posts
I'm with Economical Insurance, I got them through my broker. I pay just slightly under $200/month for my 2003 IS300 and another $90/month for my 97 Chevy Blazer (winter beater), I think the total for both vehicles is like $288/month

Turning 25 last year and moving to the Caledon area last November helped slash my insurance by like 50%, this is the cheapest I have ever had it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just go to an insurance broker and see what kind of options they can offer you.

I'm with Pilot Insurance (IS300 is K-W maybe the name of your broker) with 6* rating, first accident insurance, and home insurance discount: $144 / mo

·
Registered
34 Posts
Im paying &183 ith State Farm............i have a couple of recent tickets though

·
Registered
941 Posts
Just go to an insurance broker and see what kind of options they can offer you.

I'm with Pilot Insurance (IS300 is K-W maybe the name of your broker) with 6* rating, first accident insurance, and home insurance discount: $144 / mo

This sounds very similar to my insurance company, it was named pilot, but now they go by "kw insurance". I pay roughly the same rate as you with everything except no home insurance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
im with USAA. i pay $93 a month for full coverage on an '01 is300 and '95 4runner w/a $250 deductable. im 26 and married in geogia with 2 accidents.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts