Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get a letter in the mail from my insurance company. I read the newsletter first and it says that rates are going up. OK, fine. Since insurance companies are suffering, it's only a matter of time. So I figure I'd be paying like 5% more, 10% at MOST. Whip out the new terms of the agreement, and I almost pissed myself. 20% increase for no reason at all - no accidents, no tickets, nothing. So I call my agent and he says there's nothing wrong and that's the increase. OK, I understand increased, but 20% ?!?!? That's friggin extortion! :pissed:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
well

it's probably because all that insurance fraud and law suits etc..

just look for a new insurance company~

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
State Farm. I'm not entirely pleased with them right now. But I do find that they have really good service.

I'm certain that if I go to another company, I'll get cheap rates in the beginning, but they'll just end up screwing me up the wall later with increases. Which insurance companies have you all had experience with?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Becareful if yo do switch to a new insurance company. I wanted to get a requote from my exisitng insurance at the time and they said I needed a social security # so they could give be a better rate!!!! I ask why would they need my S.S. to give me a better rate, they told me they do a credit check and depending on my credit, that determines my rate. I said your out of your friggin mind?!?!?! Are you STUPID?!?! I am not giving my S.S. to anyone. :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: Tell me WTF is that Shieeet. I also find out a few days ago that the cable company (AT&T) wants the same thing now in order to have service, even though I was already with them for 8years. A few companies have started to do this. There has to be a law about who should and who shouldn't have your S.S. Is there any lawyer on the board that could shed some light on this problem and if so what can be done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
sounds like state farm is trying to get the 5 billion back that they lost in 2001.
if your driving record's clean, and you've been with them for over 3 years, you should be able to hook up some better rates.
don't mess with those coupon companies tho...
cover your car with a company that's big and hs a good reputation. :D

·
Registered
712 Posts
that blows!!! I used to pay $1500 when I was 16 for a 93 honda accord with 90K miles.

Now I pay about 1000 for full coverage for a 2K1 IS300 at the ripe age of 22

Sorry to hear about your rate hike, I agree insurance companies scam us so MUCH!!!! :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thats bs look for another company. Give Allstate a call. They've taken care of me. I've been with them for seven years. The only time my rate has gone up is when I added a new car.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Could be worse you could live in NJ.....out of the 50 states we get fucked over the most....

and AVOID ALLSTATE at all costs....anybody is better

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: State farm increased my insurance

jaks said:
40% four months after I started coverage with them. They suck.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Man, and I thought I got screwed! :lol:

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Insurance Companies fuckin suck! They expect you to pay out your ass and get nothing in return. god forbid you have an accident ... they drop you like a bad habit. Well... Insurance Companies?.... FUCK YOU! Everytime I think my rates are going down... I get a couple hundred dollar increase.... over the years that adds up pretty quick. Im just about fed up with this crap. I have to pay $3600 for an IS300 and a Matrix. I think I should just get a old honda Civic again and pay basic $500 a year .. and fuck this BS waste of money. :bitching:

·
11,062 Posts
Oh, just get some other quotes, take them to your insurance company, and wheedle them down. If they don't bite, jump ship. They either want your business or they don't.

·
Registered
6 Posts
state farm

has been good in the past, although i think they are trying to get back some of their losses, as someone mentioned. we saw a small increase in auto insurance this year - don't know if there are more coming. also, i had heard they aren't taking any new homeowners insurance, probably also for financial reasons. all in all, though, they have always come through when we have had issues (fortunately not often).

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am currently with State Farm and pay around 1500 a year for full coverage. 24 yrs old with clean driving record. Never had a problem.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
18 Participants
loungn14
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing