Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they called me in the morning im after awake talkin to the lady and dont understand a damn thing she was saying :( my question is whats a $500 deductable?and a 30 day rental or something like that :(

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
sounds like they gonna fix ur car!

David

sell it when u get it back!

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do u guys think it could be fixed?doesn't look fixable to me :( how long do u guys think it would take and do u guys think i will be getting any money out of this accident?if my car gets fixed it will never be the same again :pissed:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
What exactly happened to your car?

If they called you about the $500 deduct and the rental, it sounds like your car could be fixed.

Once your car is fixed, it will never be the same again. :(

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
What exactly happened to your car?

If they called you about the $500 deduct and the rental, it sounds like your car could be fixed.

Once your car is fixed, it will never be the same again. :(

·
Registered
290 Posts
well from the pictures i dont think its fixable and even if it is..your car will never be the same...a 500 dollar detuctable is charge to you to fix your car...its the only money you pay out of pocket..however if the other guy was responsible then he has to pay it for you...a 30 day rental is exactly that a car that they lend you for 30 days when they are fixing yours..it comes as a option with most insurances..

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will my rental car be a shitty ass car like a corolla or will it be an is300 too?

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will i be able to get money for my aftermarket parts?

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can i ask them not to fix the car?will they give me money to get a new one?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Nope.

:lol:

They're trying to find ways to screw You over, not the other way around.

If the car is not total'd, they will fix it.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
LOL dude, how old are you? Are you even paying for your car or insurance?

If you don't know these terms but signed the insurance papers anyway then you deserved to get screwed by the insurance co.

Sorry to sound harsh but its true.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Wing Zero said:
LOL dude, how old are you? Are you even paying for your car or insurance?

If you don't know these terms but signed the insurance papers anyway then you deserved to get screwed by the insurance co.

Sorry to sound harsh but its true.
lol...thats what i was thinking....sorry man

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Call the nice insurance lady back and get things explained again when you are more wide awake.

·
8,880 Posts
Sounds to me that you're found at fault, since it's your insurance covering the damages ($500 deductible from your pocket, otherwise 0).
Depending on an Insurance company, a car is considered totaled if it will cost 75%+ of its value to fix. Also, depending on an insurance company, they may or may not cover your mods.

What is the $ estimate to have your car fixed? I have a feeling it will cost more than they are anticipating.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
vlad_a said:
Sounds to me that you're found at fault, since it's your insurance covering the damages ($500 deductible from your pocket, otherwise 0).
Depending on an Insurance company, a car is considered totaled if it will cost 75%+ of its value to fix. Also, depending on an insurance company, they may or may not cover your mods.

What is the $ estimate to have your car fixed? I have a feeling it will cost more than they are anticipating.
Maybe they have "No-fault" Insurance in New Jersey?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I remember when my 94 Accord was stolen.

They asked me about 20 different questions and took about 45 days for them to cut me a check.

·
Registered
487 Posts

dont say yes to that.... first that means ur at fault second the car will never be the same again... all u have to do is get to shops to give u a price on how much it is to fix.... i got hit by a truck 2 times and the first time the insurance guy came and sayed about 2000 should cover it.... knowing better i just laughed in his face took it to a body shop and the frame was beant and all this other crape it was over 15,000 to fix....insurance people are just tring to get by ...just say no :bitching:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts