Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to get the webmaster to update the images at the top of the site since both are of Altezzas (and we now have many IS300 pics) but he must not have the time.

FYI: When I saw the 8 IS300s recently, the speedomter and other gauges seem to be a bit more subdued and actually easier to read.
(different color materials than on the Altezza)

I heard about "black faced" gauges for the luxury package, but from what I could tell the LS and LP equipped cars seemed to have the same instrument cluster.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah - I understand - sorry that I couldn't get my pictures to work for you.

For anyone who cares, these are the images I sent to the webmaster hoping they would work as updates for the top of the site:

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited June 04, 2000).]

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yeah, that does seem to be a lot easier to read that the picture at top of this page. Ever since Lexus came out with the "electro-luminous" type gauges, many auto makers are starting to pay attention to the gauge design and try to come out with unique gauges. And "that's a good thing".

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Since the IS300 won't use the standard-issue Lexus Optitron display, I'm curious to see how it lights up at night. I noticed that the lower right section of the gauges cluster is an LCD, which is unlike the Altezza gauges (see pic at the very top of the page).

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thats not a real picture of the shifter, the top it like chromeinized plastic, and the underneath is like rubber coated for grip i guess

1 - 11 of 11 Posts