Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, im installing hte SRT intake.. i intalled that now im installin theECU.. however one of the wires says TO ENGINE? where do this go to the engine>?

·
Registered
349 Posts
you have to cut a wire... welll... one side of the wire is i think output or smthing like that and the engine is input i think... look at it this way... the schematics talk about 5 wires. but the r-ecu has 6. once yoou cut that wire you will have an additional one ;). i had trouble with that too... i actually didn't cut the wire and car shut down as soon as i started it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey, i got my intake installed with the ecu. Everything was running fine. The next day i go to start my car it stalled wen i gave it gas. So i leave the hood of my car up and start the car and take out the box with the ecu so it is set on the engine cover. I start up the car and it works fine. However, the check engine light goes on and the traction control flashes on and off. I already cut the wire that needed to be cut. Please help

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
post a pic of the wiring in your ECU.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the wiring is right cause the intake and everything works. However, the traction control keeps flashing on and off and the check engine light is on. Does that mean i need to get the ECU tuned?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now my car doesnt start. I checked the box where the ECU chip is located in. There is a green light that goes on when i turn the ignition? However, there is two lights should both of them be green, or should one be green and one be red? can someone please help my car doenst work and i need it to run.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
you probably wired it wrong your intake is gona work regardless of the recu install its jsut pulling vacum so if you head the vacum cleaner sound and that's whats making you think your intake is working and you wired it correctly then you are wrong, it would do that without the recu

heres a diagram MAKE SURE YOU USE THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOUR YEAR CAR and match the color of the wires(2001, or 2002+)
http://www.wesleyblack.com/weisel/m...S300---official-installation-instructions.pdf

borrow a camera and take some pics maybe i can help more than

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I mean... the intake and everything seemed to work. Then all the sudden it stopped working. I opened the box where the chip was in and there is a green light that goes on. Then there is also a red light that blinks on and off. Does that mean the wiring is wrong?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
can you take a picture??? its kinda hard to explain, please cross reference it to the diagram in the link i provided, how good is your soldering job?? did you reconnect all the vacum lines?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think i found out the problem. It is something to do with the wiring. I am getting pictures up sometime tonite, however i dont know how well they are going to come out. When it says sensor 1 input, sensor 1 output wutt does that mean? It says the input goes to the engine? what does that mean? I think that is myproblem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts