Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called and asked the dealer how much it would cost me to install the spoiler, and they told me $120 bucks, and thats $120 im not willing to spend for them to drill 3 holes for me.

SO, i decided to install it myself, but as i finished removing all the clips off from the black layer of the trunk, i find myself unable to remove it because the escape lever is in the way. I managed to remove the green lever itself but the casing around the lever i was unable to remove and its preventing me from taking off the this black layer and i cant bolt on the spoiler from the inside. If you guys dont know what im talking about i could take pics, but im sure u guys are all pros and know what im talking about :)

thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
If i were you id definitely try the tape because lets say you get sick of this spoiler then you have 3 drill holes on your trunk lol. If with the tape it looks weird and u really want the spoiler then id say get it professionally done for $120

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just disconnected the clips holding the excess cable from the trunk release and it gave some slack in the line. With that slack, I carefully closed the trunk and drilled the holes. In order to see the inside of the drilled holes to bolt the spoiler on, I twisted the trunk release cable and carefully fliped the trunk liner around and over the outside of the trunk lid itself (in the open position).... Does that make sense?? It sounds ghetto but works

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not quite sure what you mean by "giving it some slack in the line" but i guess you just sorta worked around the black lining and didnt take it off right?
I dont think the black lining is too flexible.. or maybe im just too scared to bend it too much, thinking it might crack or something. Thanks tho, now i know its possible to work around it, tho i think thats kinda hard considering i dont have much tools, so itd be nice if someone can teach me how to take off the black lining completely. I remb there was a post on here that showed pictures with a person installing a rear spoiler and the black lining was off, but didnt quite tell how to take it off. hopefully someone knows how?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.