Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I've searched all the threads and there's another with almost the same topic but no answers on how to install the round L-tuned or TRD V1 style foglights into the bumper. My foglights came with the brackets pictured below, but there's nowhere to screw them into. I've seen other bumpers with a "C" shaped bracket that go around the sides of the fogs and don't know if that's something I'm missing or a different way to installing them. These are the lights I bought, if anyone has any instructions or input I'd greatly appreciate it as I finally received my L-tuned AIT rep bumper and just need to know how to install after painting. Oh and if anyone knows some where good to get the black rhombic or hex mesh and the size needed I'd appreciate that too. Not going to use the chicken wire they gave me with the bumper !

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
You’re going to have to get some elevator bolts from Lowe’s or HD and epoxy them to the inside of the bumper. You can make the mount points wherever you need them. Those aren’t real LTuned fogs, so you may have to make new brackets to get them to fit. I bought radio backstrap and bent them to make mine fit. I used led Jeep fogs.
Check this thread out for ideas.

For the mesh: here

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey man thanks a ton for the detailed response. I knew these weren't OEM L-tuned cuz I had a pair of the real ones but they looked like ass and had an H3 bulb but a 9006 connector? I sold those and got these look alikes that have the rainbow tint I was after and a direct plug n play H3 connection. (My cars 05 so fogs are H3). Honestly the brackets were a little bit taller on the others but of the same shape, I've seen some with a C shape that go around it but seeing your post about having to epoxy on something makes a lot more sense and seems easier way to go. I don't know if I have rep yet but if I do I'll send your way. Thanks for taking time out of your day to help a fellow in need.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
thanks a ton for the detailed response
Hey no worries. I’ve got an AIT LTuned rep I bought awhile back. I got started on fitment and it got too hot outside, but I’ve recently picked it back up. Anyway, can I ask you what grille you’re going to use?

·
Registered
72 Posts
hey, so the reason they dont line up is because those are not the correct brackets for the neo v1 bumper. they should look like this

·
Registered
1,013 Posts

So there’s mine. Simple radio backstrap brackets and epoxied elevator bolts, with lock nuts sandwiching the brackets. I’ll prolly POR15 the backstrap. It’ll rust proof them and also hide the shiny galvanized color. Need to finish sanding the bumper and get it covered.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
adjustment outta be fun
Lol i bet there won’t be any hope to getting them adjusted. I honestly doubt I will ever even turn them on. I really hate when I meet an asshole blinding me, so I for sure don’t want to be that asshole to someone else. These jeep lights have a pitch control screw, so I guess there’s that but yeah, mainly for looks. They were cheap like 40$ a pair, I’ll try to aim them but I’m not fooling myself either… a long time ago I retro’ed Morimoto bixenon projectors into my stock headlights, so fog lights are superfluous at this point.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey no worries. I’ve got an AIT LTuned rep I bought awhile back. I got started on fitment and it got too hot outside, but I’ve recently picked it back up. Anyway, can I ask you what grille you’re going to use?
Honestly that's a great question, I bought the sport grille but altezza edition, yet fitted the "L" logo to it haha. I've seen it work with this bumper and look good, but I'm a little hesitant. The mesh one always looks good but I try to be different when I can. I had the 3 bar on my old IS but I do not like the look with the Tezza bumper.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey, so the reason they dont line up is because those are not the correct brackets for the neo v1 bumper. they should look like this
View attachment 138617
Ya from researching I've found that out... can't find anywhere who sells them either. I've been looking at Jeep foglight C shaped brackets but still wondering how the hell I'm gonna make it work 🙄 Guess I'm going to have to epoxy something to inside of bumper, elevator bolts I got are too short. Thought more people would've experienced this issue with all the AIT reps out there

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
View attachment 138622

So there’s mine. Simple radio backstrap brackets and epoxied elevator bolts, with lock nuts sandwiching the brackets. I’ll prolly POR15 the backstrap. It’ll rust proof them and also hide the shiny galvanized color. Need to finish sanding the bumper and get it covered.
Dude..You're the man. That's all I needed to see was just someone doing it and what they used and I can take it from there. Appreciate your help, are you in socal?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Dude..You're the man. That's all I needed to see was just someone doing it and what they used and I can take it from there. Appreciate your help, are you in socal?
No problem, man. Nah I’m in Oklahoma. Wish I was in SoCal. I’m a visual person as well, usually can just look at something and see how it works in my head.

I’d hoped to get my bumper vinyl’ed this week but it didnt happen. I’m still undecided on the grill. I’m like you, don’t really think the three-bar + LTuned bumper is a great combo. I want a mesh, but I’m too cheap to buy an authentic grill and then chop it up to make it fit. So for now I have one of the 25$ cheapo eBay mesh grills I’m using to mock it up. I found a cheap but looks good (at least in pics) TRD Sport style copy from Ikon Motorsports, but it’s out of stock probably to never be replaced. I wouldn’t feel bad about chopping it up.

·
Registered
464 Posts
No problem, man. Nah I’m in Oklahoma. Wish I was in SoCal. I’m a visual person as well, usually can just look at something and see how it works in my head.

I’d hoped to get my bumper vinyl’ed this week but it didnt happen. I’m still undecided on the grill. I’m like you, don’t really think the three-bar + LTuned bumper is a great combo. I want a mesh, but I’m too cheap to buy an authentic grill and then chop it up to make it fit. So for now I have one of the 25$ cheapo eBay mesh grills I’m using to mock it up. I found a cheap but looks good (at least in pics) TRD Sport style copy from Ikon Motorsports, but it’s out of stock probably to never be replaced. I wouldn’t feel bad about chopping it up.
Dont wish to be in So Cal, it sucks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts