Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gonna install my Carbon Ti...tomorrow in the parking lot anything i need to know about the installation process....what tools should i have on hand etc.

any special information would be much appreciated since i rarely do anything myself on my cars except for intake and shit...but this seems simple enough....

· Registered
2,066 Posts
WD-40 to help losen the grip on the rubber hangers helped me when I put my exhaust on. Make sure you tighten the bolts and run it front to back for a good fit. Wait, nevermind. The HKS is only a single piece, correct? I was workin' with 2 pieces for mine. It'll be a breeze. 30 minutes! :D

· Registered
576 Posts
IS 2 NV said:
14 mm socket, right?
I believe you are correct...14mm socket. If you don't already, I recommend having a friend there to give you a hand. It is helpful for someone else to be holding the stock exhaust as you get it out of the hangers and hold the new exhaust as you put it into the hangers.

· Registered
8,097 Posts
get PB blaster (available at your auto store) than using wd40... it literally works on loosening everything. most def. have a friend to hold shit. and be prepared to bang your ratchet or screw to unscrew the bolt off

· Registered
3,314 Posts
crazeazn said:
get PB blaster (available at your auto store) than using wd40... it literally works on loosening everything. most def. have a friend to hold sh*t. and be prepared to bang your ratchet or screw to unscrew the bolt off
Or Liquid Wrench, I used that on my O2 Sensors for my header, and those are sealed on tight :eek:

· Registered
1,784 Posts
In order (for removing pesky rusted nuts/bolts)

1. Try PB blaster- works great.
2. If PB blaster fails, try heating it with a blowtorch.
3. If blowtorch fails, get out your air cutter :p

I had to resort to #3 last weekend- My girlfriend drives a 92 camry, and her header downpipe had rusted through- so, I bought a new one for her and put it on- BUT the nuts and bolts that connected it to her cat had been through 11 md winters without being touched... they didn't even look like nuts anymore- there weren't even 6 distinguishable sides! Just lumps of rusty metal! I had to cut those bitches off :lol:

· Registered
30,490 Posts
yeah, the exhaust bolts can be a bitch... losed front he rear end side, i think the front ones are permenantly mounted to the resonator pipe. at least mine were...

· Registered
1,931 Posts
be careful not to scratch the carbon cannister. Keep the bracket semi loose so you can put it on the hangers first, then tighten it onto the cannister, that way seemed to work the easiest for me when i installed mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.