Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
but most importantly! must use the almightly search function! :)
theres tons of info jus have to click!

but lets put it this way... if you're not sure i'd have them done professionally! don't wanna mess with the brakes if you're not sure...those things save your life, i wouldn't chance it if you aint sure... jus to save a few extra bucks? okay maybe a lil more :lol: but you get the point.
but if you really want to do em yourself, then its pretty much straight foward...take wheels off, clean the wheel hub while you're at it, bleed the lines, take caliper off... outer & inner, reshim, then go in reverse... more or less. after that you jus have to brake in the pads so to speak.
don't ask me how exactly to do the IS, i've only changed brakes on a corolla, thou all cars have the same parts :)
with that said...
brakes aren't a DIY unless you really know what you're doing.
in the end its all up to you, so if saving a couple of bucks is worth it, then by all means give it a try :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, i replaced pads on my former car which was acura integra, which i think went well. Thanks for advices, this weekend i will try. I better run to autozone and pick up their caliper kit first :cool:

·
Registered
941 Posts
The search function will be rendered useless if what he is searching for is not spelled correctly.

You wouldn't want your BRAKE pads to BREAK on you...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ill_IS said:
The search function will be rendered useless if what he is searching for is not spelled correctly.

You wouldn't want your BRAKE pads to BREAK on you...

hmmm, I guesss I wont comment on this last quote....

--------------
Replaced all 4 in only in 1,5 hours and works very nice now. ....And no, it didnt break on me :p , now you try it and see if yours will break on you,,,,(no no no, brake on you lol).

may be i will comment on this. I didnt come here to for english lessons, we are humans and we all make simple minor mistakes sometimes. So i dont think it is necessary for you go the extra effort and offer a lesson here........ And i dont tihink being a smart __ and especially with the intellect such as when your trying to show off what you have installed on your car makes you any smarter as well. It certainly doesnt and wouldnt make me any smarter......and especailly like if I cared, Professoreee ;)
---------------------------

To everyone else who replied corresponding to the topic, thank you very much, it was helpful. It was much easier to replace break pads on Lexus than on my former Acura. $140 saved and in my pocket, good deal for short peroid of work and some knowledge acquired.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.