Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at picking THIS up but i'm hoping someone can help me out.

I have a 2001 IS300 VVTI GE, is the fuel rail on my model 12mm like the stock Aristo GTE rail in that kit?

Also, has anyone tried it? Or heard anything about the quality?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Are you turbocharged? No reason to install an FPR if you’re not.

The stock rail is returnless. This goes on the return line, so you’ll have to drill/tap the stock rail, run a new fuel return line back to the fuel sender, and cap off the internal regulator within the sender.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Sorry I should of said, it's NA right now, but I have a manifold, down pipe, turbo, fmic w/piping, bov and wastegate. Waiting on the rest to arrive. The last big things to figure out are the fuel, oil/water lines for the turbo and the exhaust from the downpipe back.

Its staying under 6psi until I finish the rebuild on my non vvti motor in the garage. Which is getting turbo rods and pistons.

I mainly just wanted to know if that Aristo 12mm stock rail fitting would work with my stock IS rail. I cant find the size anywhere.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Gotcha. Man I don’t believe it will, but don’t quote me on that. The stock is rail has the blank boss cast into it for that fitting, but you’d have to drill the hole for the fuel to flow into and also drill/tap the two bolt holes that secure the fitting. Most folks that stay on stock rail drill/tap that blank boss to 1/8 or 1/4 NPT then use an NPT to AN adapter.

Post up some pics of your build!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the info man. I will def post some pics soon. It's an eBay build so I'm not super proud of it. I ordered this kit we'll see how it goes. They have a note on the site that shipping is super slow right now so it might be a while.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Well, everybody has to start somewhere, so don’t be ashamed. The cx and xs kits aren’t horrible if you understand they’re more of a “foot in the door” kind of thing. Know the limitations and respect them, and they will actually last. I’m using the cx gte/is300 mani and downpipe, and intercooler. BW turbo, Tial wg, and nrg bov. So you can use the cheap stuff and replace as you go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts