Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, where can I find the instructions to install these bars.

What should I do with the Front:

Rear:

Trunk:

Sorry I ran searches but they didnt pertain to installation and most of them were arguing which bar was better.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Here is the guide for the front strut bar. It is for the JIC, but no difference for install. A hint I could give you is that the front bar will bend a little when you are trying to put it over the studs. Just put one side on the studs and take the other with two hands and gently bend it and get it to fit over the studs on your side.

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=11&cid=7

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Trunk bar shouldn't be that hard. I think you just lift up the carpet (Ya might have to twist some of the tabs off), and take off 2 bolts , put the bar down, and put the bolts back in.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANKKKK YOUU

I wuv zyuuuuuu :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am installing the fronts right now, my bars are in, now are there any recommendations to putting the daytime harnesses and such back on? Does placement matter?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I should have looked more carefully :lol:

Now with the rear braces, I have to remove the carpet. There are screws that i can take out easily, but there are these pegs that do not come out. How do I take those out. By pulling too hard, I broke one of them and carpet got ripped. :pissed:

Also, where does the Trunk brace go?? When I bought it Gordon @ Carson said he didn't know :x

Thanks

·
Nygmatic
2,572 Posts
tis best to lift up the car by the center support prior to tightening the strut bar as this will unload the corners. when you put the bar on with unloaded corners you will get the most rigidity after the install.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any tips in removing the plastic trunk tabs to take off the carpet cover??
I'm relaly in need of help.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I just took a flat head screw driver and inserted it in the slit and pryed them off. The screw driver that comes this the car works well for this.

·
Threadlocker
7,912 Posts
go buy a panel popper at an autoparts store.. using a screwdriver you may break the plugs, which cost like 15 bucks each at the dealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.