Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
instal went alright, no problems, DIY, we screwed up and then consulted the spring install tips sticky, and all went back to being smooth. car looks good, i have before after nd half and half pictures,

the car feels great, stock shocks on with them, the drop is perfect in my opinion, perfectly square all around, and the car feels really nice, stiff, but glued and not rediculously jarring, you can hit a bump and it feels like it did, but if you go over a dip or a hump you can feel it a bit more than stock, and it just sticks, no more roll, i need some sway bars,, and this is a good thing to do at athge same time, spring struts and sway bars,

i got a good deal on the springs, thanks to a .net member :D and for pictures.. email me or pm me an email address, i need to get them off the camera and resize them yet, i just finished and i am beat..

take care guys

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Nice.....very nice, hold on a minute...that is even lower than my Lsportline lowering springs..... :(

Matt

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats one of the g/f's :wink:

naw thats her, she was a trooper, she sat there while me and doug(the kid with the black supra uyou met) did all this. she drank A LOT. it was funny...

the drop is 1.5-1.25 somewhere in there i still need to get an alignment, i would recommend these springs if you need a drop, after seeing all the before and afters this is definately the best i have seen, good and level. and the ride is sweet, handles amazing, so much more confident, and NO MORE UNDERSTEER, well, not NO MORE, but i haven't been abl;e to get it to do it yet, off ramps are a hell of a lot more fun now 8)

PM yellowIS5spd - he's got more of these at a good price, he worked with me really really well, quik and responsive, and honest.. yay

·
Registered
341 Posts
Nice to see another red IS i have one and dont see em as often love when i finish waxing it it shines, what springs r those again i wanna drop but Dad bitchjes about me doing it so havent yet plan to soon

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tanabe gf210 is the spring drop is 1.5 inches, roughly. after some shocks the car handles beautifully, solid ride.

yellowIS5speed has some sets in member sale and trade forum, ussually

as for red looking nice, yeah its ghreat until you get a speeding ticket for 7 over, i swear because i had a bright red lexus. and when its dirty, it looks dirty...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts