Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a mate install my tein Flex's with edfc and now Im unsure of how to set them. He hasn't used the edfc before so he had no idea, and no time to try and work it out for me, sorry for the noob question guys!As the topic states I have installed

At the moment it is reading 0 front 0 rear on the controller.

Does that mean it's @ full hard or full soft? I'm not sure how the flex's come from the factory preset, but how do I ensure that all dampers are on full soft or full hard before adjusting via the servo motors :rolleyes:

Update took it for a drive after adjusting F 8 R 12 and seems to soak up the bumps nicer now, but Im still unsure of how the dampers were zeroed or homed, i.e do they come from the factory set to full hard?

·
Registered
509 Posts
They came from the factory set as full hard, which is all the clockwise.

·
Premium Member
23,314 Posts
they come out of the box full hard. the lower the number the harder the dampening

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys my new tein flex's didnt come with an installation manual, so I wasn't sure if they came full hard or not.

In the meantime after posting this thread I found an install manual on the tein website stating this fact.

I forgot to check that the dampers were set at full hard before installation of the edfc, too late now I guess!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IMO they are stiff enough to drift, while still having enough damper adjustment to remain comfortable.

Although if you were after a dedicated drift setup you would definitely go with the Tein RS coilovers or a set of HKS Hypermax D's

·
Registered
52 Posts
IMO they are stiff enough to drift, while still having enough damper adjustment to remain comfortable.

Although if you were after a dedicated drift setup you would definitely go with the Tein RS coilovers or a set of HKS Hypermax D's
Do they make a hypermax D for the IS300?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do they make a hypermax D for the IS300?
Yes they do.

Technically they make it for the SXE10 altezza, which is the same chassis as a IS300 (JCE10R) anyway.

L Tuned parts had an awesome sale price on these going back a month or so ago.

·
Registered
933 Posts
dr-jekl,
did you get these figured out yet? How do you like the ride?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dr-jekl,
did you get these figured out yet? How do you like the ride?
Yeah mate

At first I had no idea, a mate gave me the car in a mad rush and just stated i haven't touched the settings I just installed it. I was confused on how it was etup (at that time I didn't know that the teins come from the factory set to full hard, so had no idea)

Im really happy with them, the car handles a lot better with the flex's then the Tom's advox coilovers (comfort style) and the ride is just as good if not better! But having said that when I got the Tein flex's installed I had a TRD chassis brace and Toms rear chassis brace & TRD control arms fitted. I reckon the flex's on close to full soft settings would keep you Tein CS guys happy, then on the weekend bump up the edfc to hard and have sum fun!

In hindsight I'm glad I couldn't order the Tein CS with custom spring rates (9kg 7kg KUSS) as imo the flex gives you the best of both worlds comfort on full soft and bump it up for sporty handling.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Glad to hear your satisfied! Was the settings I provided of any help?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts