Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed srt intake w/ ecu yesterday by myself..
it wasn't that hard eventhough it was the first modification i've ever done to a car. and the ecu procedure only took 15-20 mintues..pretty straight forward.

I was worried about the noise but then it's barely noticible unless i floor the gas pedal..and when I do, it sounds like a moose just got shot on his ass (which i really like).
I don't feel much power gain though.. I just feel faster because the noise is tremendous.. i don't know..
I didn't clock the 0-60 time but it feels somewhat slower?.
there's no 'punch' acceleration like it used when it was in stock form.
But after reading other's experience, I guess itz common that the power will come at higher RPM and so on....
if I intalled it wrong, then i would have some sort of problem. but everything is like it used to be.. no light, no idling,..except the intake noise...

anyway. what did you guys do with the thing that hanging out in the picture i took. it was actually attached to the stock airbox but now itz just got no where to go.. any suggenstion where i might want to attach it? (maybe onto the heat shield?)

and they didn't send me the SRT stickers that everyone has...Do i have to buy them separately? the whole set up kinda look ugly without any cosmetic. so i'll prolly paint it black when i got the chance....

and I'm getting HKS hiper tomorrow in the mail... :bigSmile:
can't wait..
 

Attachments

  • Like
Reactions: IceCold4x4

·
Podiatrist
Joined
·
23,616 Posts
the instructions say to ziptie it to the heatshield.
And run the silicone hose to the nipple on that, feed it to the top of the intake filter.

Why do you need a sticker?
 
  • Like
Reactions: OKCIS

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are you talking about the tube from filter?.. yes i did hook it up....
the tube goes through the heatshield and underneath 4" ID tube..
so itz hard to see in the pic...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SophieSleeps said:
the instructions say to ziptie it to the heatshield.
And run the silicone hose to the nipple on that, feed it to the top of the intake filter.

Why do you need a sticker?
oh. that's what ziptie was for... haha.. thanks..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,498 Posts
VP500 said:
Wait a week or so to see if you notice anything. If it still feels slower then recheck your connections for the r-ecu.
Yes, check the wiring on the R-ECU. You should of felt at least a little difference than before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is there a difference between R ECU and just ECU? or are they same thing....?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
same thing... - good luck with it. i've been going back and forth for a while now on going with srt vs. fipk for the price difference. good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,561 Posts
dgenx said:
I was worried about the noise but then it's barely noticible unless i floor the gas pedal..and when I do, it sounds like a moose just got shot on his ass (which i really like).
Dude that's funny. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
Flatline IS makes them as well PM HIM
Yeah, you commented about painting it black. Well paint it and get a sticker from Flatline and you can make it look like below. Looks pretty tight below IMO.



sISp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,095 Posts
speedisprecious said:
Yeah, you commented about painting it black. Well paint it and get a sticker from Flatline and you can make it look like below. Looks pretty tight below IMO.



sISp
whOoo hOO thats my car !!

lolz

ditto on what he said

get one custom made by flatline ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,767 Posts
Try disconnecting the negative battery cable and leave it off for 5 minutes. Put it back on, and give it a day to re-adjust. See how it feels then. If it still feels slow, then put the sticker on. you will instantly feel 5HP increase. If that works, plaster all sorts of SRT stickers all over the engine bay. If you get enough, you might build up 100HP alone in stickers.
 

·
Latex salesman
Joined
·
5,633 Posts
Srt

dgenx said:
i just installed srt intake w/ ecu yesterday by myself..
it wasn't that hard eventhough it was the first modification i've ever done to a car. and the ecu procedure only took 15-20 mintues..pretty straight forward.

I was worried about the noise but then it's barely noticible unless i floor the gas pedal..and when I do, it sounds like a moose just got shot on his ass (which i really like).
I don't feel much power gain though.. I just feel faster because the noise is tremendous.. i don't know..
I didn't clock the 0-60 time but it feels somewhat slower?.
there's no 'punch' acceleration like it used when it was in stock form.
But after reading other's experience, I guess itz common that the power will come at higher RPM and so on....
if I intalled it wrong, then i would have some sort of problem. but everything is like it used to be.. no light, no idling,..except the intake noise...

anyway. what did you guys do with the thing that hanging out in the picture i took. it was actually attached to the stock airbox but now itz just got no where to go.. any suggenstion where i might want to attach it? (maybe onto the heat shield?)

and they didn't send me the SRT stickers that everyone has...Do i have to buy them separately? the whole set up kinda look ugly without any cosmetic. so i'll prolly paint it black when i got the chance....

and I'm getting HKS hiper tomorrow in the mail... :bigSmile:
can't wait..
I just had the intake and heatshield powdercoated in gloss black. I also removed the square baffle and put in screw holes. If I get any CELs, I will just reinstall the baffle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Seven said:
Try disconnecting the negative battery cable and leave it off for 5 minutes. Put it back on, and give it a day to re-adjust. See how it feels then. If it still feels slow, then put the sticker on. you will instantly feel 5HP increase. If that works, plaster all sorts of SRT stickers all over the engine bay. If you get enough, you might build up 100HP alone in stickers.
i just asked SRT for 50 stickers for 10 bux plus shipping.
so i can get like +250 hp on top of my stock IS.. that's what like 465 horses.. dayam..
i'll be flying all over the town.. I'll prolly order few more stickers when I got the money..
and keep on modding..............
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mayo said:
I just had the intake and heatshield powdercoated in gloss black. I also removed the square baffle and put in screw holes. If I get any CELs, I will just reinstall the baffle.
i heard removing it isn't a good idea....
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top