832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock shocks where leaking So I replaced with TOKICO ShOCKS
with H &R springs IT rides great like stock very happy :D
GREAT SET UP.....

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
can we make this a sticky? great review!

·
Registered
831 Posts
come on guys.. he is just trying to share with us
:D :chill:

dont be such a dick :chill:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i'm trying to get some illuminas in the spring (too much potholes in the snow)

know the cheapest i could find them?

thanks in advance.

and pics please.

·
Virgin Magnet
8,553 Posts
i got mine for 399 shipped, i can get some pics when the snow melts, my car is buried, stupid snow plow :bitching:

they look like the pictures though, just for the parts. the car sits surprisingly the same, mayeb even evened out the drop that i had, nothing significant, but it just looks better, not lower or higher, but just cleaner. It rides awsomely, i really think it got quieter, i didn't think it would happen but it definately seems as though it did.

i have them set full stiff and its stiff, but not unbearable, handling is very very nuetral as it is, no dminant over steer or understeer and the car just feels 10 times more solid - gas owns over straight oil, i put them in 2 weeks ago so i haven't had to much time to play i can up date more later, perhaps a more comprehensive review will be written next week when i get to go back south and can play with some new (not bald) rubber and not frozen roads

here are some pics of the ride with the shocks rolling at 125mph while i'm standing still 8) aren't good pics, this was taken right before it started snowing these are the only ones i took really, email me for some befores

[/img]

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
somguy2u said:
i got mine for 399 shipped, i can get some pics when the snow melts, my car is buried, stupid snow plow :bitching:

they look like the pictures though, just for the parts. the car sits surprisingly the same, mayeb even evened out the drop that i had, nothing significant, but it just looks better, not lower or higher, but just cleaner. It rides awsomely, i really think it got quieter, i didn't think it would happen but it definately seems as though it did.

i have them set full stiff and its stiff, but not unbearable, handling is very very nuetral as it is, no dminant over steer or understeer and the car just feels 10 times more solid - gas owns over straight oil, i put them in 2 weeks ago so i haven't had to much time to play i can up date more later, perhaps a more comprehensive review will be written next week when i get to go back south and can play with some new (not bald) rubber and not frozen roads

here are some pics of the ride with the shocks rolling at 125mph while i'm standing still 8) aren't good pics, this was taken right before it started snowing these are the only ones i took really, email me for some befores

[/img]
i'm riding around on blown shocks (all four corners) with tein stechs

when you say 10better then stock...where your stock shocks in good shape? or where they completely blwon?

what srpings do you have for that drop?

·
Registered
452 Posts
ali1983khan said:
somguy2u said:

[/img]
i'm riding around on blown shocks (all four corners) with tein stechs

when you say 10better then stock...where your stock shocks in good shape? or where they completely blwon?

what srpings do you have for that drop?
tanabe

·
Virgin Magnet
8,553 Posts
my shocks were OK, not great but not blown. they were too weak for the spring and it showed in a very loose ride, very floaty on the freeway and such

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
let's say i get illuminas....i would want to set them a little stiffer then stock

but could i adjust them so the dampening would feel close to stock...let's say at 1?

i might end up softening them when i go on long drives or during the winters.....

·
Virgin Magnet
8,553 Posts
1 ithink is supposed to be (in accordance with tokico) the equivalent or less than stock compression and rebound, so yeah, they can be cushy or they can jar you till your neck hurts :D

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
1sicIS300 said:
cnilu said:
I have the same set up H&R and TOKICO Illumina, It's pretty good so far.
ditto.

agreed! :chill:

me too!

great deal great setup &performance for the price....

i will upgrade to the Flex or ...? one day, but for now while my mod $ is spent elsewhere these made a huge difference over stock shox, & when cranked to '5' they are dramatically stiffer & tighter than at '1'
with an excellent range of adjustability. I recommend them anyone who has blown or worn shox & is looking for an upgrade for, usually less than $450 bux, should check them out .... :D

edg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts