Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered new Rotora OEM replacement rotors and went with Lexus OEM pads. I got them put on this weekend. My problem is that they squeal ridiculously when I come to a stop. It squeals when I make slow stops and only apply a little pressure to the pedal. I have come to a sudden stop twice now, and it didn't make any noise either of those times.

To let you know, I had them professionally installed, and I have not done any sort of "break-in" to them. Also, the braking power is definitely there; they have the same bite that the car had when it had a few thousand miles on it.

Any help is appreciated. I'm not happy that I just bought brand new rotors and pads that are sounding worse than my badly worn out set!

-Chris

Reactions: SamanthaIS300

·
Registered
47 Posts
you probaly forgot to sand down pad, thus leaving a lil oil residue that comes in the pad, causing it to crystalize and start squeaking. I also hope you wiped down rotors with brakekleen.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Did you get new shims and springs? (Sometimes refered to as the "fit kit")

Mine sequel once in the morning, as I was too cheap to get new shims and springs, and just reused the old ones.

My mechanic said they are usually ok to reuse once, but it is better to replace them every time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts