Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Blue Glowie
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tony and I put the Pro Lex bars on my car a little while ago. Full review and install guide coming soon in the content area. Waiting to Autocross with them this weekend, but first impressions are amazing. JIC who?

The rear install was a bit tricky, as you have the carpet to contend with. I didn't want to cut huge gaps out of my side carpet wall, so we figured out an easy way to do it. No need to go into details here as the forth coming guide will show a step by step.

Here are the final pics. You can see how we cut out the notch for the bracket to stick out of the carpet wall. Tony threw on some weather stripping so it just wasnt rough carpet edges showing. The bracket just sticks out just enough so that you can actually take the bar on and off and leave the brackets in place. Handy if I ever need my entire trunk for luggage or whatnot. Smart design on Pro Lex's part.

Unfortunately we had to cut a bigger gap for the bracket on the passenger side because the carpeted panel is shaped differently on that side for whatever reason. Still looks damn clean IMO. :)

· Registered
449 Posts
yeah, the carpet was a little tricky. i just secured the end points, removed the bar, replaced the carpet, then felt for the bracket through the carpet. it wasn't exact but it turned out pretty good. i just didn't want to miss small and then have to recut creating lots of carpet scraps. having it look normal when it comes time to remove the bar was pretty important to me. i missed the mark a little on the first hole (different technique than above) but oh well, i've got some cleanup to do but overall it's pretty good. i just cut a rectangle on 3 sides, then tucked the 4th side in. anyway, more than 1 way to skin a cat...

if anyone has some spare carpet scrap let me know.

jedi, noticeable difference huh. :)

· Registered
449 Posts
Cool Tony, thanks. I tried unfolding the carpet and putting it back into place. You can't tell there's a hole unless you're really looking for it. :)

As for the bars themselves, I was truly amazed. I really didn't think they'd do THAT much but I was pleasantly surprised. When I got the set I only installed the front to see what the difference would be. All of a sudden the steering felt MUCH heavier and when taking corners I kept saying "holy s*[email protected]"! The front end felt like fort knox but it felt uneven. I could really feel the difference between the front and rear. Once I installed the rear bar everything leveled out. Papa like... 8)

I'll be interested to hear how the auto-x'ing goes. i gotta get out there. soon...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.