Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just got my F-Sport intake today. I installed it myself. It took about an hour to do. Overall: success!:bigSmile:

[/IMG]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks good man! Nice job

·
Registered
118 Posts
nice pics and good deal....

·
Registered
432 Posts
oh nice!

+rep

·
Banned
6 Posts
damn man that's sh*t's sick yo! sure worth it huh. you must be loaded dude. yo car so white, too. hook it up bro. can u help me if i need some tips on how to install one myself. preferrably over da phone. u da man!

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey i was planing to get the f sport intake. is it any good with sound and adding that extra hp?

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
hey i was planing to get the f sport intake. is it any good with sound and adding that extra hp?
It'll add the same hp the Joe Z intake does, 5 hp tops. It'll be louder than the Joe Z though because the airbox has an extra hole. (You can get the same effect if you want cutting the same hole in the stock box)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Supposedly its louder than the Joe Z because of the extra hole in the bottom of the airbox, also it states that you will get an increase of 3% hp. So if your driving a IS350, that's about 9hp increase.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
looks good. why does it look like there is black spray paint or something across the front of your engine bay? like right behind the grille

·
5,207 Posts
looks good. why does it look like there is black spray paint or something across the front of your engine bay? like right behind the grille
I would guess that it is sprayed black from the factory so that it isn't as visible through the grille.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Guys,

How is the sound?
I mean, I'm interested when normal driving normal sound
and when pushing pedal -> crazy sound
I just got my intake as well. Under normal driving (cruising ... rpm <3000) its nice and quiet ... step on the gas, and it sounds much more powerful than it really is!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Installed mine today. Took a lot longer than I expect, but it was a success. What the most challenging parts I experienced were:
1. If you push the inlet pipe all the way into throttle body coupler and hose hump (the 2 rubber tubes), the pipe would be too short to connect to air cleaner cap. so measure well before connecting them all together.
2. The reusable air cleaner cap becomes difficult to close with the 4 clips onto F-Sport cleaner (need extra force to securely close them all together).

·
Registered
4 Posts
how to install it

hey I want to install it on mine, I received my intake yesterday, any steps or DIY guide i can follow?
also the dealership mentioned something about tuning the intake what does that mean?

Hello, I just got my F-Sport intake today. I installed it myself. It took about an hour to do. Overall: success!:bigSmile:

[/IMG]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Understand this to be older post however, just a FYI for a member wanting additional information if installing the F Sport intake.
Before beginning, unclip Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAF) connector harness, remove the MAF sensor from top of OEM intake tube, then remove MAF harness clip from side of OEM lower intake box. Use 10mm socket to remove the two 10mm bolts that fasten OEM lower air box to vehicle.
As previously stated, you will have to reuse the 3 fasteners / clips, from OEM lower intake box. Suggest relocating fasteners from OEM box toF Sport box while OEM lower air box is removed from vehicle. To remove fasteners from OEM lower box, position clip in upward position and press down on it. It will easily be removed. When placing fastener on F Sport lower intake, place fastener on plastic "hinge", and place in upward position and pull up on it until you feel it click into place (this may take some time however, once you get one fastener into place, you will better understand how to do it for remaining two). To confirm fasteners are correctly attached to the F Sport lower airbox, move it up and down. Fastener will will fall off if incorrect, and stay securely in place if correct. Don' t forget to remove the two bushing with metal cylinder assemblies from OEM airbox, where the OEM airbox was attached to vehicle with the two 10mm bolts. These will have to be reused and transferred to the F Sport airbox as well. The center metal sleeve can just be pushed out, and bushings will have to be manipulated a litte to be removed from OEM air box (easily accomplished. Installing on the F Sport airbox is an easy procedure s well).
Installing F Sport box into vehicle is the reverse procedure however, try to keep sight on plastic piece on lower airbox that protrudes down. This piece aligns with hole in vehicle to secure box into place. You can locate it on OEM airbox bottom for reference.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts