Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ah after i installed the ingen gen2 intake onto my 03 IS, it was ok for like 2 days but this morning.. all of the sudden the CEL came on and the trac off light is blinking, anyone kno why? or is this normal?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn, do you guys think the trac off light is coming on cus i have a grip of shit in the trunk? cus my sis put her full cylinder system in my trunk and that shit is pretty heavy. haha dont kno, just a thought, cus my light went on the day after that =)

·
8,880 Posts
mrdoeboix12 said:
damn, do you guys think the trac off light is coming on cus i have a grip of sh*t in the trunk?
No.

·
Registered
903 Posts
well not much you can do besides buy an AFC. thats the flaw to the older GEN injen intakes, the CEL wont go off unless you tune an ACF to your car.

·
Registered
952 Posts
i have a pic in my WWW page. its in the projects area. didn't have any CEL problems ever but would still suggest getting a SAFC. you'll run more efficient and not have loss of power in areas that shouldn't. just my 2 bits.

·
Registered
219 Posts
did you purchase this intake new or used because I had a Gen II and Phil at Injen replaced it for me with the new one. The reason you get the CEL is the sensor location is wrong on the Gen II and if the TRAC light is blinking it will not go off on its own you must reset the car but I would call Phil at Injen 909-839-0706

·
Registered
175 Posts
I traded in my Gen2 for a Gen3 free after a CE light.
It was free of charge.
I have had my Gen3 for over a year or so and everything is fine.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wait, the one with the attached heat deflector on the filter is the gen2 rite? cus thats what the guy told me that i baught it from. and yes, it was used, he said he did not have any problems with CEL. and i talked to some guys at the dealers, they said to unplug my battery and leave it off for a min or so then plug it back in and the trac off light would go away, so imma try that. but, whats this thing about trading it in? do i just call that # and tell them that i have an older gen intake and my CEL is on and he will replace it? or..? *shrug :roll:

·
Registered
219 Posts
the gen II has wierd CEL problems like you can reset the ECU and drive for 2 hours shut the car off and like 5 minutes after the second start up it will prolly come on. I kinda doubt Injen will replace an intake you bought used and gen III has been out for a while.

·
Registered
175 Posts
mrdoeboix12 said:
wait, the one with the attached heat deflector on the filter is the gen2 rite? cus thats what the guy told me that i baught it from. and yes, it was used, he said he did not have any problems with CEL. and i talked to some guys at the dealers, they said to unplug my battery and leave it off for a min or so then plug it back in and the trac off light would go away, so imma try that. but, whats this thing about trading it in? do i just call that # and tell them that i have an older gen intake and my CEL is on and he will replace it? or..? *shrug :roll:
No. The heat shield being on the filter has nothing to do with anything really. I actually have that heat shield only because I got them to send me one.
Gen3 has a smaller diameter tubing and the a/f sensor is in a different spot.
The gen2 will probably flow more air and have an advantage over Gen3 if it is tuned with an air/fuel converter.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wow, both lights went off after i replugged the battery. hahaha guess i didnt have much of a problem after all :lol: thx for all the feedback

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
so ur ECU just needed to be reset after all lol :lol:
glad u fixed ur problem

·
Registered
175 Posts
mrdoeboix12 said:
wow, both lights went off after i replugged the battery. hahaha guess i didnt have much of a problem after all :lol: thx for all the feedback
Don't be surprised if it comes back on in 1,000 miles though. (Give or take)
:-?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys, as you can see by my post count, I am new here.
I recently installed an Injen intake(Gen3?). My problem lies with
the sensor being secured to the polished intake tube. I can not
find a screw that will secure it tightly. Is it a common problem
or do I just have a badly threaded piece.
I also seem to have lost a bit of low end tourge. Are there
simple ways to regain this loss.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts