Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I need some advices on whether or not I should install my new mods now (during winter) or wait this spring?? :-?

I just received my Stillen exhaust, front & rear clear sidemarkers... will the snow & salt harm the stainless steel exhaust? :cry:

Your advices will be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Are you going to take them off during inclement weather? Put em on and enjoy them, they should be fine, if not we will know not to buy Stillen parts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:lol: ... I guess I'll be the "Stillen tester"... I personally prefer the HKS hyper (same price), but it wouldn't fit my body-kit!

Anyone of you driving with an aftermarket exhaust in winter?? Any problems (rust, clearance...)?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Go ahead, and mount that bitch on there. Just wash your car every other day. And let us know what you think of that exhaust.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just put on my HKS Carbon-Ti exhaust & we are expecting snow tomorrow .......... we shall see.
I figure as long as you keep the car clean, make sure you get underneath.

I had an HKS exhaust on my integra for 5 years w/ no problems ........

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
... I really feel like installing the exhaust now, regardless of the snow!! But, it looks like I'm going to scrape it a lot... you should see the size of the "can"!! :eek:

I'll surely let all of you know about the performance & sound of the exhaust. But I think that Flatline can give you some early feedback since he had the Stillen for a while.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
i say install it now, if you wait 2-3 months til spring to install it and the exhaust was not what you expected, you're gonna be pissed

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Here are some pics of the exhaust... I'll post some more on the "Go fast stuff forum" as soon as I'll have it install, along with my front & rear clear sidemarkers.

Inochi3, you got a good point!! I'll let you know about the outcome.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I'd say wait until Spring. I'm thinking of getting the L-tuned exhaust, PLP intake and TRD Sportivo in the spring.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Yea, I had the stillen exhaust on my 01 IS, it scraped all over, but I did have a 2 in drop. The exhaust is alright, nice rumble, but it was too loud for me. I got the Ltuned exhaust on my 02 and it is perfect.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got the exhaust installed today! I haven't scraped it yet, even with 2 passengers in the back seats. :) The sound is pretty nice & deep when you press hard on the gas... but at iddle, it is as quiet as the stock exhaust. As for performance, not worth the money!! :x

Is it true that all the exhaust gets louder & louder with time???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
Skyy Blu
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing