Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone knows how much for 2jz-gte swap? BTW, I am in SOCAL. Any good place to do that?

Any input will be appreciate! Thank's!

Ceto

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
my friend (a supra owner) told me that the installation (swap) cost range from 1500 - 3500 depending on the shop, hope that helps :)

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
If it was that cheap many people would have done it by now ... think about it. Only one or two people on this board have successfully done this. If you buy a used engine, you will have to get custom engine mounts. You will have to relocate ABS, a bunch of hoses to the radiator etc. This is not plug in since we have drive-by-wire throttle. The ECM is totally different. For $6K, you'l be able to get a front clip for a TT Supra with tranny but that's it. If you just put the GTE bottom end in it'll be a lot easier. I have thought about doing this and seing if I can find a 98+ top end to see if I can run stock sensors and stuff. Still need a whole bunch of wiring... quite the nightmare! If you can do it for $6K, please let me know where you get it done and how ... you'd be everyone's hero!

B2001AS said:
alright, after I calculated, overall it will cost me between $5500 to $6500.
Thank's!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Try SP Engineering (City of Industry).

You can talk to XS Engineering (Huntington Beach) and see if they can perform the swap.

Oh yeah, it's expensive.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
:lol:

expect to spend 12k to 15k for a basic engine swap, most likely you won't be able to do it yourself. nothing fits

-gte

B2001AS said:
alright, after I calculated, overall it will cost me between $5500 to $6500.
Thank's!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The overall price is sumation of the engine price and installation cost given by Benign.

By the way, do I need the JZA80 transmission also?

Sorry guys, I don't really understand much about this!
Thank's!

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
B2001AS said:
The overall price is sumation of the engine price and installation cost given by Benign.

Thank's!
maybe.......
if you're asking all these questions... you shouldnt be even doing it...
plus, you are trying to swap out "9/10 engine for 10/10 engine"

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
B2001AS said:

Thank's!
just get a plp sc with me :wink:

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
i've posted this before

you'll need about 15k, at a minimum, and you won't be able to do it yourself. there have been multiple site members that did not heed my advice, and had a car that didn't run for 6 months, and they ended up giving up and going back to stock. i don't care if you heed my advice, as its your time and money, but i'll at least throw it out there

-gte

B2001AS said:

Thank's!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts