Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone installed xpel products before themselfs? i just got the headlight foglight kit and not sure how to go about. i read the directions on their site and it seems wet is the best way to go. but anyone else got any tips?

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
i just happened to install mine today...i got the foglights on with no problem but i had alot of problems with the headlights...seems to me that the sides would fit around and they would just buckle up so i had to cut mine :pissed:

i might have to order me another kit cause i think i focked the headlight pieces up :pissed:

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah im afaraid im gonna screw mine up to. did u do the wet install or dry?

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump?

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok installed mine today. boy thats a bitch. fogs went on fine dry. got to the headlights dry is deff not the way to go. got one on dry and it looked like crap. went to the other headlight used the wet technique much smoother and eaiser install. looks clean as hell. luckly i was able to get the other one off and put it back on with the wet install. but i got a few burn marks from the hairdryer (not very noticeable). if anyone is going to install their own xpel just use the wet technique much less hastle and much eaiser to play with once on the headlight. also keep the heat at a distance because you dont want to bubble the glue cause then ur screwed. and take you time thats key!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts