Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,619 Posts
take a socket and attach it to a standard rachet and turn it counter clock wise...good luck... :wink: if not, try an open end wrench...that might do the trick too...

oh...liquid wrench might help too... :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have done it using my legs. It's hard to describe, but lie on you back and you use foot to apply pressure on the wrench in the correct direction.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
yeh use your legs

also, put some WD40 on it
thats how my cousin got my stock exhaust off...

he put WD40 and used hand tools...and used the arm! lol :lol:
took about 1 hour to take off lol

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
ramps...
stock height shouldnt be a problem with ramps...thats how i got my car up...

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,619 Posts
cnilu said:
wut do u guys use to get the car up? just two jack stands to get ther rear up?
no...you use a two ton jack or something like that to get the car up and the jack stands are just to hold the car up in the air...

be careful dude...we don't want you to hurt yourself...

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
Having worked in a garage for quite a while, the trick is leverage. If you have a little 6 inch long ratchet don't expect to have an easy time getting these suckers off... get the longest wrench that will fix and apply pressure to the very end of the handle... if you have a short pipe you can also put the end of the wrench into the pipe to gain some extra leverage.

Make sure you have the car securely lifted on jack stands before trying to get it off... the last thing you want is for the car to come down on top of you while you're working at these bolts. If that car comes down you WILL BE SERIOUSLY INJURED AND/OR DIE.

You can also try to use your legs... lie on the drivers side of the car with your legs pointing towards the passengers side and put one foot one wrench. DO NOT KICK IT. That's a good way to BE SERIOUSLY INJURED AND/OR DIE. Instead of kicking, apply gradual pressure to the wrench... your foot should never not be touching the wrench (that would be a kick). If you can "rock" the pressure (imagine a kick, but without your foot ever coming off the wrench) you should be able to get it off in 3-4 "rocks".

Be safe!

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Once you get your jack stands under the car and the jack pulled out...
Place the end of your wrench on your jack and jack up the car. The bolt will give before the car goes up.

I tried this when I could not get a caliper bolt off. Except I DID jack up the entire rear of the car with placing the jack on the end of the wrench...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts