Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Hey, if I didn't have to pay for maintenance or worry about resale or service maybe I'd like the BMW over the Lexus. I believe these guys don't take that into consideration; this is evidenced by the consumers' pick.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
The BMW 323i at the Edmunds and the Lexus events had no sport package and no 5 speed. With both those it's in league with the IS300, quicker in fact. Not as much fun but more luxurious. Of course the new BMW 325 and 330 are no fun at all with the new for 2001 Camry steering.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi ckolsen,

I totally agree with you on your 323i vs IS300 comments. Regarding the new 325 and 330s, I heard that the 325 actually HAS the old steering!! The 330s still have the lighter steering (Camry steering in your words
), but they are addressing those issues.

How's your car shopping going? Last I read you test drove the Viggen. Quick car.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Originally posted by ckolsen:
The BMW 323i at the Edmunds and the Lexus events had no sport package and no 5 speed. With both those it's in league with the IS300.
I agree it should have sports package. 5 speed manuel for these kind of event? no way! Plus, automatic should compare with automatic. Or lets wait for the 5 speed IS come out to compete with 323 manuel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts