Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if it is easy to install the Dragger 2. I'll be getting mine in a few days. I tried the search , but didn't see any info on installing exhausts . Any info? :p

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
marco grappasonno said:
I'm just wondering if it is easy to install the Dragger 2. I'll be getting mine in a few days. I tried the search , but didn't see any info on installing exhausts . Any info? :p
should be just as easy as installing the hks hiper. there is a how-to guide in the Columns section.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
marco grappasonno said:
It's really easy. Just need a jack, two jack stands, and a 15mm socket, (I believe that's the size, people will correct me if I'm wrong).

The nuts will be harder than hell to get get off, but if you have pnuematic tools, you're set. otherwise, build up your arm muscles.

I little lube such as WD-40 or some silicone spray will help the hangers come out of the rubber mounts, they may need a little persuasion, but you can pry them out with the help of a screw driver if needed.

Make sure to spray the hanger rods of the new exhaust and the rubber holes of the mounts with silicone or some lube to help with the ease of installation.

Kane

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
A long time ago when pigs flew I installed my HKS Carbon Ti in 25 minutes by myself. Im pretty sure its the same with most exhausts. One thing though make sure you do use the same exhaust gasket. :chill:

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
2 bolts...thats it. Easy as pie.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info guy's. I figured it was easy, but wanted to make sure there wasn't any special circamstances. Luckely I've had plenty of experience w/ working on my Blazer w/out air tools, so my arms are used to breaking loose factory nuts/bolts, and occasionaly receiving a knuckle buster!!! :x

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah the socket size is 14mm... and if you are using a socket wrentch then you may need an extension cause one of the bolts is in a tight spot.

Other than that all you need is some dish soap to get those damn hangers off. First i tried dilluted soap and water (didn't help much) but when i went to straight soap those sucker slid right off :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
I had to use a breaker bar to get the bolts off. There was no way they were coming off with just a regular ratchet. That's really the only hard part about the job.

·
Registered
218 Posts
A retarded ape could change the rear section exhaust on our cars. If you have a newer 2002, those two bolts shouldn't be too tough to break loose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
10 Participants
monkeylex
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing