Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently using the stock stereo and loving it . Only thing I wanted was just for the bass to go up a tad bit so I thought bout changing out the rear speakers to these Alpine SPS-690A 6"x9" 3-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

If I do change the rear speakers , should I change the front as well ? and would those rear speakers still retain the crisp sound ? Thanks for reading this

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
The 3 way is a waste of money. You would be just fine with the 2 way setup. They are $52 here, great bang for the buck replacement speaker. They run well off small amounts of power too so if you aren't planning on running a separate amp they will be fine.

Alpine SPS-69C2 - pair of 6" x 9" 2-way speakers • aluminum-coated woofer cone with air-injected rubber surround • 1" swiveling silk dome tweeter • RMS power handling: 50 watts • Peak power handling: 250 watts - , Car Speakers, 6" x 9" Speakers - Son

·
Registered
381 Posts
The 3 way is a waste of money. You would be just fine with the 2 way setup. They are $52 here, great bang for the buck replacement speaker. They run well off small amounts of power too so if you aren't planning on running a separate amp they will be fine.

Alpine SPS-69C2 - pair of 6" x 9" 2-way speakers • aluminum-coated woofer cone with air-injected rubber surround • 1" swiveling silk dome tweeter • RMS power handling: 50 watts • Peak power handling: 250 watts - , Car Speakers, 6" x 9" Speakers - Son
I second that

Reactions: azn4life

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Truth is if you don't carry any passengers you don't even hear the rear speakers. A component speaker set is all you need.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THanks for all the info guys +rep to ALL . Well do you guys recommend replacing any other speakers in the car ? What I'm looking for is a much smoother sound with a slightly harder bass. I'm a NEWB when it comes to sound so forgive me :( , and lastly would replacing the speakers with the 2-way you guys recommend still retain the factory cover on top of the stock speakers?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I also liked the sound of the stock speakers but wanted to finish or compliment it with a little more bass. I ended up going with an Infiniti bass link. It's an amplified sub. It sounds great, not too much bass, not too little either. Best of all it is really easy to install and tucks right into one of the corners of the trunk hardly taking up any space.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
the thing with speakers is like you're preference to women. You might like them slim, fat, males, whatever...

You personally have to go and listen to it and buy whatever you like. Some good companies that are affordable are Alpine, Eclipse, Diamond, MB quart...

edit: oh most speakers will go under the stock grill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts