Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
03sport said:
im worried about your car being too low...we can do the alignment..because we sell and install ebach lowering springs which are going on my car...im worried about the body kit you have in the front..maybe we have some planks of wood in the back to help you get up..i just know we've had a problem in the past getting cars off the rack..just something to think about before you go in..
Thanks anyways dude for your help. Going to firestone to get an alignment

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
btw, yeah, it is your toe setting that is causing the premature wear :p i got a lifetime alignment at firestone on lyons. im lowered, but not kitted. so i clear their hunter 600 lift. hey sears guys... can you hook it up w/ tires? still carry falken? :bigSmile:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
damn ur toe settings FL and REAR were fucked up.

why do you have so much caster up front?? i have like 1 finger gap and im only at 6.5

who did your alignment?? a old bald flip dude? someone named mike?

also your cross camber up front is a lot...

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
black86 said:
damn ur toe settings FL and REAR were fucked up.

why do you have so much caster up front?? i have like 1 finger gap and im only at 6.5

who did your alignment?? a old bald flip dude? someone named mike?

also your cross camber up front is a lot...
Yeah thats y my inner wheels got messed up.

Have no idea y my caster up front is high. Yup bald flip dude did it.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Tire wear: inner edge-camber is out of adjustment, inner edge to almost half the tire-toe is out of adjustment, inner and outer edge-tire is under inflated, middle of the tire-tire is over inflated, choppy tires-tires never rotated, etc. etc.

·
Registered
65 Posts
thats a lot of red on the actual..you sure he did a good job?...

and the guy above you is explaining the cuases for types of tire wear

both outter edge wear: under inflated
middle of tread wear: too much air
outter edge only: toe in off
inner edge only: camber off
slanted tread: needs rotation

·
Registered
522 Posts
dude, your alignment is messed up.

you guys already know that the caster is dictated by the camber in our cars, right? when you adjust one, the other change as a result.

you should try West End alignment in Gardena. Its a bit of a drive for you but I think it'll be worth it. Ask for Darin.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I went through the same inner tire wear problem as you. If you do a little searching you'll find alot of info here on the subject. However, in a nutshell - here's the scoop on your alignment. The shop did a good job on adjusting the toe setting, that will help your inner tire wear problem substantially. Also, for minimization of inner tire wear, you'd like to keep the neg camber pretty mild, so around 0 to -1.0 is good. Here they only did okay. Though both front L and R are are just about in the 0 to -1.0 range, they're too far apart from each other. I.e. - your "cross-camber" is off. It's so far off as to actually be out of spec and you should be able to get it corrected at no charge because of that. It's there in black and white on their printout. As stated above, it is true that adjusting the camber will change your caster numbers, but a good tech should be able to get your front left and right cambers a lot closer to each other (right around -0.5 on both tires) without falling out of spec on the cross-caster. All in all though, it's not a bad alignment. If the car's tracking straight and you don't have time to go back to the shop, then leave it as is. My alignment is really close to what you've got and my tires are wearing nice and even now. Heck, they still look like new with 20K miles on them and I got less than 15k miles out of my first two sets of front tires.
Oh, I just remembered you're dropped. That -1.1 on the right might have been the maximum they were able to go in removing the negative camber. If so, that's okay, just have 'em bring the left a little more negative to get that cross-camber down. BTW, I'm dropped too. Good luck.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts