Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the thread says my inner wheels are bald again. This is the second time i cheanged my stock whheels within 8-10 months. I think i need to go to a better alignment shop when i get new wheels. Any shop recommendations here in So. cal.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
I posted many times that its your Toe settings and not camber.

Toe in your front 1/16th of an inch, and the rear 1/16th of an inch.

If you have an aggressive drop (2+ inches) Toe IN the front 1/8th of an inch.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Malekreza11 said:
I posted many times that its your Toe settings and not camber.

Toe in your front 1/16th of an inch, and the rear 1/16th of an inch.

If you have an aggressive drop (2+ inches) Toe IN the front 1/8th of an inch.
Maleek can you tell me a good shop where to get an alignment.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
anywhere man. As long as thier machines have been calibrated to give you proper and accurate readings.

I get mine done at Firestone.

·
Registered
10,731 Posts
Malekreza11 said:
anywhere man. As long as thier machines have been calibrated to give you proper and accurate readings.

I get mine done at Firestone.
Lifetime rotations, 1nce a month for you may reduce your wear..

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
well thats a load of donkey poop. I am lowered roughly 2 inches or more and my firestone guy knows i have adjsutable suspension. He even tells me to play with my suspension as much as i want and bring it in since i have lifetime alignment.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Malekreza11 said:
well thats a load of donkey poop. I am lowered roughly 2 inches or more and my firestone guy knows i have adjsutable suspension. He even tells me to play with my suspension as much as i want and bring it in since i have lifetime alignment.
Which firestone did you go to?

·
Registered
512 Posts
doing an alignment is easy but can be done wrong. Anyone can just drive a car on the alignment rack and "align" it. Most techs wont bother with puttin in the ride height for the difference compared to stock. If they do that, then truthfully they just have to follow about 2 colors on the screen. If they are not doing computer alignment then i dont know what to say.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
flyfl1pguy99 said:
dude i just called firestone and they said it might be difficult for them to align my car since its lowered.
how bout ETD? do you have that on the west coast? thats where I go for my alignments and they treat modded cars pretty well.....and ive been to 3 different ones......

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
linner420 said:
how bout ETD? do you have that on the west coast? thats where I go for my alignments and they treat modded cars pretty well.....and ive been to 3 different ones......
ETD???

·
Registered
65 Posts
hey im in santa clarita..come into sears auto center..and ask that RJ or carlos do your alignment

i work there..but i cant alignments yet..we got the laser alignment racks and i just had mine aligned there..and we offer a 9 month/9000 mile warrenty..

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
03sport said:
hey im in santa clarita..come into sears auto center..and ask that RJ or carlos do your alignment

i work there..but i cant alignments yet..we got the laser alignment racks and i just had mine aligned there..and we offer a 9 month/9000 mile warrenty..
SOunds good dude. btw welcome to the forum. I was just at Sears yesterday looking at some T.V.s crazzy.. Ill stop by to get an alignment there. . How much is it anyways???

·
Registered
65 Posts
im worried about your car being too low...we can do the alignment..because we sell and install ebach lowering springs which are going on my car...im worried about the body kit you have in the front..maybe we have some planks of wood in the back to help you get up..i just know we've had a problem in the past getting cars off the rack..just something to think about before you go in..

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the same problem too. I had it with one set of stockies and now on my set with the rims. Jacen at LMW said they do a pretty good job. Whether you believe him or not, their loyalty to customers assures me they will do a good job. I'm gonna go there when I get my new set of tires soon. I'll let you know if you want, but I'm not sure when I'll get it done sometime next week.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts