Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gaaah! I sometimes hate the inner tread problems the IS has. Its soo annoying! =( I had a slow leak on the left rear. I was just thinking it must be from a nail or something.. but once I saw him walking back through the discount tire window.. I already knew it was the inside tread, but I was hoping it was a nail! :( Then the guy told me my inner tread was trashed.. and I ended up buying two new sets of rear tires, because I wanted the same wear on each..

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Are you lowered? If so... on what?

·
Registered
796 Posts
I had the same problem, shave the inner fender and check camber., what size tires also.

Also from above how do you not know if your lowered or not?

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
It doesnt matter what your lowered with. If you lower your car. you will have camber issues. And thats where the inner tire will wear first.
If you lift a truck. The outside tire will wear.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
It's probably a toe issue... Toe wears out tires much faster than camber.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Oh sorry.. Lowered on TEIN S-Tech. Kinda just glanced over the question. Thought he was asking my tire specs and type of rim.

Tire: General Exclaim UHP 225/35 ZR 19 x 8.5 all around

It was replaced with Falken FK 452. My car wasn't leaving the shop until I had a new tire on that morning. The Falken FK 452 was the only tire they had in stock that would fit my rims.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How about completely stock and wearing the inner on the front? Had the thing aligned and it's in specs, just wears the inner bad. Toyo Proxies are the tires. Stock tires did the same thing.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,782 Posts
I got this info by google-ing. HOW TO READ TIRE WEAR

One Side Wear
When an inner or outer rib wears faster than than the rest of the tire, the need for wheel alignment is indicated. There is excessive camber in the front suspension, causing the wheel to lean too much to the inside or outside and putting too much load on one side of the tire. The car may simply need the wheels aligned, but misalignment could be due to sagging springs, worn ball joints, or worn control arm bushings. Because load has a great affect on alignment, be sure the car is loaded the way it's normally driven when you have the wheels aligned; this is particularly important with independent rear suspension cars.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got this info by google-ing. HOW TO READ TIRE WEAR

One Side Wear
When an inner or outer rib wears faster than than the rest of the tire, the need for wheel alignment is indicated. There is excessive camber in the front suspension, causing the wheel to lean too much to the inside or outside and putting too much load on one side of the tire. The car may simply need the wheels aligned, but misalignment could be due to sagging springs, worn ball joints, or worn control arm bushings. Because load has a great affect on alignment, be sure the car is loaded the way it's normally driven when you have the wheels aligned; this is particularly important with independent rear suspension cars.
Thanks for the info! I'll keep this in mind.. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts