Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i went to get my alignment fixed the other day and they said that my inner tie rod was jammed and they would have to replace it. They said with 10% off the labor charge they'd be able to get a new one from lexus for 258.63 installed. I just spent around 400 on 2 new tires and the cost of alignment, they said the alignment was free and that was just the charge of gettin the part and installing it. I called up lexus and they said it was around 190 for the inner tie rod. Now, question is, would getting one from autopartswarehouse or something be just the same? Because i found one there for $58.95, which i can do overnight shipping have it here for about 100 and just have my friend thats a mechanic install it for like $20-30. But im just wondering is this the right part that i need? Im just wondering that because the price difference is so much and it also said inner tie rod END, i didnt know if that made a difference or anything. here's the link to the autopartswarehouse site.
Inner Tie Rod End

Thanks In Advance, Travis

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
thats a first, i've never heard of a inner tie rod going bad already, but yeah, that one works, i woudn't overnight it though, IMO

good find on the price.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats a first, i've never heard of a inner tie rod going bad already, but yeah, that one works, i woudn't overnight it though, IMO

good find on the price.
yeah, must've been from the oh so many potholes iowa has, lol. Yeah, i'll probably order it tonight and hopefully have it by friday or sat. and get that biotch installed. Yeah when they told me 190 from lexus, of course i knew it would be alot, but that seemed like too much, then i looked on the OEM Parts at l-tunedparts.com and they have em there for 109. But for 58.95, im sold, haha. Thanks for clarifying that its the right part i need. +rep, if it'd let me give it to ya, lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts