Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here it is. I own an 03 IS300 with 27k miles on it. I purchased the car new and have since gone through two sets of tires, with a third new set on the vehicle now. I have had the car aligned by the dealership twice and they say everything is fine as far as the geometry. I check the tire pressure all the time, ensuring it is at 40PSI. I rotate the tires every 3k to 3.5k and I am still seeing wear.. I have 4k put the latest set and I am starting to see wear to just the drivers side front tire.. HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM?

ANY AND ALL INPUT WOULD GREATLY BE APPRECIATED.

Thank You.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
****** bwai.... obviously your alignment is off. Have your dealer give you a before and after print out of the specs to PROVE that they did something to better your situation.

I have had my original tires run over 18,000 and still had about 75% of the tread remaining before I sold them. I suspect a bad alignment.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Is your car lowered? Do you take corners hard/fast? Do you often have a lot of weight in the car? Any of these things will contribute.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
had same problem but my original set lasted me 22k miles. inner track on all 4 tires was gone to the point where it was bold and on one core was about to show :D ok ok i know it was stupid to drive on this but there is also budget involved. + i was driving my gfs FX35 most of the time.
anyway i searched this site and there were many people with this problem. at one point someone mentioned that lexus set this alignment for better handling which is true as your tires are set like so (/ \) which will give you better grip on corner. so i got new set of ruber and went to my autoshop ( not lexus ) to put on new tires, balancing and alignment 100$ total. i was right there when they did alignment and let me tell you it was realy off from what it should be. well i roll out and drive the way i normally drive (like i'm in a race 40-65mpr on streets) cornering respectively and what do i see, my track lite is going off on every corner. time to work on suspention sways and zils here i come.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.